Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
This year and the end of 2015 has turned out to be tougher than the worst 5 years of my life put together...

Stuff that life throws at us, but all have been happening one right after the other in rapid succession.

Starting my tank up again has served as therapy... It has been a much needed distraction and a source of relaxation. This is one aspect of the hobby I never gave much thought to until I felt it for myself.

I had often read comments of people going through difficult health issues or mourning the loss of a loved one. I always recognized the value of building something so beautiful and tried to be supportive. But until it hit home, I did not realize just how much satisfaction and pleasure we can get out of it.

Living in an apartment I can't exactly have a garden. ;-) I have always likened my tanks as a piece of living art. Now more than ever I can appreciate it!

So, thanks to all of my fellow hobbyists that have been so supportive throughout the years. This is a great hobby with some incredible people in it.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hang in there Alfredo. 5 years is a long time to go through hardships. Better times are ahead. I can very much relate to how the reef tank serves as a garden in your apartment. When I still lived in my parents big house with a yard I grew tons of veggies and flowers. When I moved and my parents sold the house I was inspired to take that energy and focus it on my reef tank. I hope you continue to find solace in your tank. Best wishes to you and yours.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: