BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
First off, I'm a new home owner in westchester and I've been battling gophers, this being my second season. I read in multiple places that moles, gophers and the like DETEST fish scents... So I figured I'd give it a shot and poured it down a few holes full strength the past few weeks and it doesn't appear they've returned!

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Does the stench of fermenting skimmate permeate your yard?
Do you have to 'refresh' the skimmate after it rains?

i have people coming and going all the time and my wife or mom would've definitely said something by now,, I think the skim is so concentrated that even with rain it'll last a while. Im currently waiting to see the effects on the phosphates coming thru the grass, if any, the only con is that maybe my neighbors have some new guests....

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
No, the exact opposite it turns out! Plus in my case where I'm spot treating to "smoke them out" its a little different but a drier skim mixed with a gallon of water is high in the elements you need for fertilizer and 1.002-1.02sg,,not that bad considering theres sodium in healthy soils. Wish somebody could professionally challenge this so we wouldn't be wasting this stuff!

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Good to know! I wonder how safe it is for feed crops.

Lol,,I'm with you on that,,my family is Italian and the second they saw my new house first question is when am I gonna plant the eggplants,zucchini,etc. I'd love to find out that because the energy we put into our tanks TRUMPS putting cow manure and banana peels together that I'm gonna have the biggest vegetables you've ever seen!

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Great fertilizer.
Another great fertilizer from our reef tanks is carbon. Each time I changed out carbon from my reactor, I dump it in the garden.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

i knew you were not lying but i still googled it and yes you're absolutely right! activated carbon is a great bedding material! :thrash:

With that being said,,who has the juice to get this information "official" so we can use our stuff to fund our stuff :scratch:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: