mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am getting a new tv and would like to mount it to the wall in my basement.

Should I get a tilt mount? I'm not sure if I will use this, or just stick with fixed? Any pros/cons between the two?

Also my HDMI cables stick out a lot from my tv. Seems like they will get in the way? How do I fix this?

Thanks!

img_20160728_122009.jpg

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I usually try to go with the articulating mounts. They allow the tv to be pulled away from the wall very easily which allows access to the ports behind the tv.

Plus if you ever want to point the tv in a certain direction, you can easily do so.

mk4fan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I usually try to go with the articulating mounts. They allow the tv to be pulled away from the wall very easily which allows access to the ports behind the tv.

Plus if you ever want to point the tv in a certain direction, you can easily do so.

Thanks did a little more research and looks like full motion mount is better option for me.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree the swing arms are the way to go. Best of all you can save a lot of money by buying them on online. Bestbuy is like 3-5 times more. So if your not in a rush get it online. Even Amazon carry them. They built very good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: