Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This weekend my Wife and I took our Grand Daughter to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania which is about 100 miles from our house on Long Island. We had to pick up Greta in Downtown Manhattan where she lives. So we leave our house on Friday way before rush hour at 1:30 in the afternoon. (Greta is four and we had to wait for her to get out of pre school)
So it is raining and we get Grata an hour late because we were stuck in traffic for 2 hours for the 20 mile ride from our house.
We go 3 blocks in Manhattan and stop in traffic. And when I mean "stop" I mean literally stop, for one hour and forty minutes on one block. We didn't move an inch in that time. People were barbecuing, changing their oil, Shaving and washing their clothes on the side of the street.
After that time, we finally move. A foot.
Yes, a foot. I get out and ask a Cop what the problem is. He says, "What problem, it is always like this". Seriously!
Another hour goes by we finally get into the Holland Tunnel which goes to Jersey.
The traffic was "moving" through the tunnel about as fast as a lettuce slug runs on ice or about 2 mph.
Now we spent about 5 hours "driving" and we are only a half a mile from Greta's house.
We get into New Jersey on the New Jersey Turnpike which is like a 10 lane highway and "cruse" along at about 5mph for most of the remainder of the trip.
We arrived there at 8:00pm.
7 1/2 hours in the car. To put that into perspective a few weeks ago we went to the Caribbean in 5 hours, Europe is just a little longer and we went to Hawaii in 16 hours which is on the other side of the earth (almost) Now I know why they don't let you install torpedoes in cars.

I worked in Manhattan for 40 years and hated every minute of it. I know people come from all over the world to see Manhattan and I am at a loss to know why. There is nothing there but buildings, filthy subways filled with rats and as I mentioned, traffic. I personally feel they should put a fence around it and burn it. After they relocate all the people of course.

So we stay the night in a hotel and the next day go to Sesame Place.

Yaaa. She is all excited in her Annie costume.

I crammed myself into all the rides with her and I did not exactly fit in any of them. My expression tells it all.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I rather the Caribbean. No traffic and the water park is the ocean or a big pool with no one in it. You just can't get anywhere from New York with the traffic, there is too many people and they all have 6 cars.
This was the Dominical Republic a few months ago. I think it was called Paradisis something. We had our own pool (smaller than this one) and all sorts of things for the kids.
Of course if we are not taking the Grand Kids, we prefer much different places.

I really prefer someplace (hopefully in the South Pacific) where you can get in a helicopter and pick out a place you want to dive.
But of course Great Wolf Lodge is much more affordable as I am not Rockefeller so we can't do this very often. New York State has a lot of very nice places, you just need to get around Manhattan to do anything.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: