Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I finished my Steampunk Lamp. I would like to take the credit for the design but I can't. I actually saw it on a site called "Intructables". I found it by accident and they have a lot of cool things to build or just to get ideas from. I embellished on this project by adding a water valve that is actually the switch that turns on the thing. There is an air pump inside which pumps air into the glass chamber (wine bottle)
It is built out of PVC pipe which I painted to look like aged copper. That site shows how to do that as I wasn't sure how to get that old copper look but it does look pretty good if I have to say so myself, and I do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I almost finished the third Steampunk light it is 99.99% done. I ordered a different, antique bulb socket so this red one is temporary. This light uses a bulb that has 99 LEDs that flicker in sequence to simulate fire. It is very cool in person but the camera just washes it out. The firelight uses 3 watts. I am also almost finished with the fourth one which is built out of a vintage blow torch.
Here is a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR7PchYw_XM&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks Chef, that is also my favorite.
The new one I am working on is a totally different look and is mostly glass. I have never seen anything like it so I think it will be really cool looking. I am collecting the materials and still finishing up the details in my head. My Son n Law also wants me to design and build a water bowl for his cat that has a reservoir so he can go on vacation and his cat likes to drink flowing water so when the cat goes near it, water will flow out of a small faucet so the cat will drink. If it were my cat (and I don't have or want a cat) I would put out a bucket of water and tell him to get over it or stay thirsty.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: