reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
wifi generally never gives you the promised bandwidth, and if you call your ISP to complain, the first thing they will have you do is plug an ethernet cable between your computer and the router (or even directly into the modem) and ask you to run a speed test. So you can do that and see if you are getting a number closer to what you are paying for. But 60 definitely shouldn't be perceived as slow unless your are hard core gaming. Browsing manhattan reefs shouldn't be impacted.

My internet is supposed to be 50/50 but I only pick up 28/20 over the wifi from about 20ft away. Even though, i dont really see anything too slow.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Yes I do have optimum and I have the modem and the router.Tech guy came over to conduct tests and he was getting 200 easy on his laptop.He blamed my computer but failed to tell me about using Cat6 cables which I don't have so ordered some to see if that helps

MaraMotts

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
optimum 100/100 service should give you around 100 mbs with ethernet cable and 100 mbs on 5ghz wifi. 60 mbs on 2.4 ghz wifi is right on usally its 50 mbs. if you are getting anything less call them for a refund

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
I looked everywhere to see what may cause it.I even bought a new card but it may something to do with the Power shell.That's one thing I know nothing about.I'm looking to see if anyone can help me with this issue cause Optimum can't do anything for me,The teach guy came and ran tests and he was getting 200 easy from his laptop so concluded it was my computer but what it is,I don't know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: