Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So My friend and I are exploring this private, rocky beach and we come upon this greasy looking stuff. About 10 lbs of it so we both figured it was Ambergris. Ambergris comes out of sperm whales and the whales use it to cover squid beaks so they don't cut them when they poop. (ouch )

The stuff is worth literally more than gold and is used in the perfume industry. I guess if you want to attract whales but I am guessing. Something like $63,000.00 a pound and we had about 10 lbs. So that may be worth $630,000.00.

I started thinking how many copperband butterflies (and Supermodels) I could buy with that and my face was hurting from my smiling. Then we researched further. It said, if you heat up a needle and stick it in ambergris and it makes white smoke and exudes a weird smell, it may be ambergris. So we got a needle and heated it up. Yep, white smoke and it smelled like melted grease.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be melted grease. I don't know how such a big blob of it ended up high on a rock on this pristine beach, but I am not a bazillionaire.

If there is a X there, try clicking on it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: