D

DEEPWATER

Well the time has come my fellow jewish friends .Passover is just around the corner.Time to clean the house of all breads and non passover food.Time for eatting with the family and having matza ball soup and no bread :(
Time for the sedar night and hiding the Afiecoman* (jewish tradition)

on all night we eat bread ,but on this night we are forced to eat matza
c020.gif
:lol2:

SO to all my jewish friends (and non jewish friends that want to eat matza) Happy Passover !!!

Ronen

Attachments

• passover-jerusalem-seder-plate-33899-L.jpg
    passover-jerusalem-seder-plate-33899-L.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20060414131554_food_passover_matza_small.jpg
    20060414131554_food_passover_matza_small.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 158
  • passoverlily.jpg
    passoverlily.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 154

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I love matza. I spent a summer at army bootcamp and the best MREs (meal ready to eat) were the ones with matza, peanut butter, and jelly. There was usually a plastic packet of apple sauce too!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I hear many people in Israel give up many things for passover but wont give up smoking hemp even though its illegal out there....pffftt..:tired:

hahahah funny you say that :lol2: read this

Israel group nixes pot on Passover

(3/27/07 - JERUSALEM, Israel) - In bad news for its religious Jewish supporters, an Israeli pro-marijuana party announced Tuesday that pot is forbidden on Passover.
Cannabis is among the substances Jews are forbidden to consume during the week-long festival, which begins Monday, said Michelle Levine, a spokeswoman for the Green Leaf party.

Biblical laws prohibit eating leavened foods during Passover, replacing bread with flat crackers called matza. Later injunctions by European rabbis extended those rules to forbid other foods like beans and corn, and more recent rulings have further expanded the ban to include hemp seeds, which today are found in some health oils and in marijuana.

Green Leaf is a small political party that supports the legalization of marijuana. Although it is by no means a Jewish religious authority, the group decided to warn its observant supporters away from the drug on Passover.

"You shouldn't smoke marijuana on the holiday, and if you have it in your house you should get rid of it," Levine said. The edict was first reported in The Jerusalem Post.

But not everyone needs to give up their habit for the duration of the festival. The rabbinic injunctions banning hemp were never adopted by Sephardic Jews, who come from countries in the Middle East and North Africa. That means there is no reason they can't keep smoking marijuana, Levine said, except that it remains illegal, despite her party's best efforts.

Green Leaf contested the last three national elections but never won a seat, despite gaining popularity as a protest vote. According to Levine, the party has a large number of religious supporters.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
yeah i saw it on Good Morning America....LOL...toked up Rabbi's thats funny....

I think the rabbis are spending too much money on get ripped that they had to make something up so they can stop for 10 days :lol2: they all :Yikes: :Yikes: :Yikes:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Passover Jk

A British Jew is waiting in line to be knighted by the Queen.

He is to kneel in front of her and recite a sentence
in Latin when she taps him on the shoulders with her sword.

However, when his turn comes,
he panics in the excitement of the moment
and forgets the Latin.

Then, thinking fast, he recites the only other sentence he knows
in a foreign language, which he remembers from the Passover Seder:

"Ma nishtana ha layla ha zeh mi kol ha laylot."

Puzzled, Her Majesty turns to her advisor and whispers,
"Why is this knight different from all other knights?"

Happy Passover to you
and your loved ones!!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: