masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
how can u give praise to him.and dont tell me its not proven.

Bud Selig's reaction says it all in my eyes:

"So far, Aaron?s tribute has received none of the criticism that Selig got for his reaction to Bond?s 755th home run, which tied Aaron?s mark. In attendance in San Diego, Selig stood as Bonds rounded the bases to both boos and cheers from the crowd. Selig did neither, instead just keeping his hands in his pocket. Despite Aaron?s ambivalence over Bonds, his videotape tribute so far has proven to be a big hit." ? 2007 Newsweek, Inc.

-------------------------

My thoughts about Selig were that if he supported Bonds by being there, then support him totally with accolades and applause. If he didn't support him, then don't even acknowledge the act and stay away from the park. Don't sit on the fence and be non-committal. He wimped out in my eyes.

I don't support, acknowledge or accept this faux record.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
There is a book written that comes out and accuses Bonds and others of steroid use. Not one single person named in the book has refuted the claim nor have they sued for defamation of character. That's as good as guilty in my book.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
so when canseco comes out wit his second book.. if arod doesnt wanna bother sueing him would you hate arod too..?

The book:

Game of Shadows

The authors:

Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams are both San Fransisco Chronicle reporters.

If Canseco came out with a second book, I would listen about A-Rod too.

Some BRIEF reading for your enjoyment. ;)

swimmer

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
^^lol^^, madhouse you say youre a grown dood and don't need anyones opinion changing your mind but say that if a jury finds him guilty then he's a scumbag.....you know a jury can find someone guilty when theyre innocent and vice versa. remember that guy OJ. sometimes their verdict is an opinion.

my question would be "how far back do steroid and other performance enhancing drugs go??"
According to this article this guy injected monkey testosterone before games for the extra boost.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pud_Galvin

look here for some more on mr Puds doping
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5314753

so, how do we know which records were actually achieved "naturally"??

on the ball itself, i think the last homer mr bonds hits will be worth more than #756

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
wow...i just read this and i just have to say...STOP CRYING...the man hit 756 homeruns...steroids or not...u need skillz anyway...

when A-Rod breaks this record, hopefully he will still be a yankee and he wud have done it on Rice and Beans....so our new homerun king will be better praised or will u guys say....well he has committed adultery so he is not a good HomeRun King....BAAAH

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
the man hit 756 homeruns...steroids or not...u need skillz anyway...

Doing it by cheating with unfair advantages is not akin to skill. Sorry, can't subscribe to your way of thinking. It's a non record in my book.

Nobody has to change their way of thinking about this topic (as I'm sure nobody will), but if one side of the argument is being portrayed, then you should be expecting the other side to be brought to the table as well.

J

John JACH

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
sorry, but it is very informative

actual well written blog column! I found this advice very usefull. I hope you column added on this affair soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: