jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Russ I was into LGB's for a long time with my dad. I have a very large collection that I have been slowly selling on Ebay. I neither have the space or interest anymore :). Are you a member of any G scale forums?

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Ha when I saw LGB I started thinking what the heck is a lesbian gay bisexual train? Thats what school does to you these days.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Russ I was into LGB's for a long time with my dad. I have a very large collection that I have been slowly selling on Ebay. I neither have the space or interest anymore :). Are you a member of any G scale forums?

Rich I started my 'sons' collection about 5 months after he was born :rolleyes: I was into it for a few years, but like you said, it is a major space hog. My son is now a junior in college so the pieces I've got are over 20 yrs old and collecting dust in their boxes in the attic.

No 'G' scale forums here. I'm afraid if I start talking about it I'll set them up.
When I finished our basement, where my 75g is built in-wall, I was tempted to set up just a single loop around the room hanging from the wall about a foot from the ceiling. Just enough to make it interesting.

What pieces do you still have left that may interest me?

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Ha when I saw LGB I started thinking what the heck is a lesbian gay bisexual train? Thats what school does to you these days.

We must get your mind thinking clearly now. Where I'm from, train is a means for transportation :fishhit:

Chiefmcfuz said:
I have my fathers lionel trains. I also have my lionel and HO trains.

B, those Lionel from your dad must be vintage. Do you ever set them up? Around the Christmas tree is the 'norm'.

swimmer

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Russ it used to happen around the tree but now we rarely set them up. Yes they are vintage from when he was a kid, even has the original boxes! When I eventually get a house hopefully I will have a hobby room where I can set up and display all my RC cars, Trains, Comics, Toys (whats left of the collection) Rangers Jerseys, and FD stuff. I figure that with a nice bar (Guinness Only on tap) and a nice reef and Gecko tank I should be set!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Russ you have to check out those forums. Some of the guys have sick layouts. It's like Reefcentral, only with trains. I have about 120 trains left, most if not all of my locomotives are gone. I'm not sure what you're interested in.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
B, that sounds like a great hangout room. Can't wait to tap the keg :beer:

R, like I said, my 'sons' collection is collecting dust in the attic. I'm not actively seeking anything. Do you have the original boxes for the cars you've got left?
I have seen those sick garden layouts. I used to get the Garden Railway magazine. My setup can't compete with those (not that I'm looking to compete).

R

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yep, original boxes, many of the trains not even used. These trains were from 1988-95. I had locomotive like the Mallet, GE, 2080s, Crocodile etc.. I just sold a Coal-cola super set. It was awesome. Still unopened in the box. Sold for nearly $800 :)

I ado have some tracks and POLA accessories as well

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Chief- Sounds like a great plan for a man space. I imagine the little ones will be jealous that your playroom is better than theirs.

I'm a firm believer in man space. My wife keeps asking why the basement ( which is only partially finished anyways ) is MY room. I told her that she has the whole house to do with as she pleases. The only tradeoff is that I am responsible for doing the laundry since the machines are down there but it gives me an excuse to spend time down there without having to here ' What are you doing down there for so long.... "

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The accessories are built. I know I have the water tower and cable cars...I can't remember the rest. I check when I go to storage this weekend.
I have the actual working Saw Mill here now but I have to ship it.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i have a bunch of LGB stuff that is sitting in the attic, i got them when my kids were younger and now they grown up. i stopped using them in '05. i been thinking about selling them but they are so cool. i even have the pola smoking house and automatic gates .

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
i have a bunch of LGB stuff that is sitting in the attic, i got them when my kids were younger and now they grown up. i stopped using them in '05. i been thinking about selling them but they are so cool. i even have the pola smoking house and automatic gates .

Very cool. I must say that the last time I had mine set up was in the mid '90's'. Now that my kids are in college and out of the house 8-9 months a year I might use one of their rooms to set it up.

Which POLA house is the smoking house? Like I said, its been a while.

Russ

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i believe it goes with the gate, it had the railroad crossing with the "ding-ding" bell for when the train was coming......i miss setting that up

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: