Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
and now he isn't leaving. Cock-a-doodle-do....

DSC01831Small.jpg

DSC01832Small.jpg

He's crazy friendly as far as Roosters go, I guess :lol: but I don't want him here. They are illegal to own in the town of Brookhaven and his crowing is just about on my last nerve already. Not to mention he has the dogs going nutz. Anybody want a Rooster???? :splitspin

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I would call animal control, this will protect you if you should get a citation for illegally harboring a rooster. Furthermore, roosters can be ornery and I wouldn't trust it.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Can we frag him? I'd like a small piece to grow out. Another option would be to :eat: him. But I've heard people say that rooster meat is tough.

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I got about ten wild turkey the roam around my house. Last thanksgiving there was almost 9. But my wife said no.

That sounds like what we went through around here this past Thanksgiving, only it was 12 and he was trying to make it 11...

with the BB gun :)lol:Killerdrgn).

Hubby has been waiting for those turkeys to come back around, because after they left I said sure you could've shot one. Ever since they never came back. Either they knew, or the neighbor got em' first.

As for Mr Cock-a-doodle-do the neighbor must have started feeding him, cause he wandered over there today and hasn't come back. I am sure he will be :eat:eek:n the neighbors plate by the end of the weekend.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
We have wild turkey here in Suffolk? Here in SB there is a really nice duckpond but there are so many geese and ducks there and people feed them so if you dont feed them they bum rush you. Its like a freaking mafia there. I've considered catching a few to make dinner and down pillows but I think they are protected within town limits.

Maybe you should throw some chicken wings on the grill and see how fast he runs away.

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have wild turkey here in Suffolk? Here in SB there is a really nice duckpond but there are so many geese and ducks there and people feed them so if you dont feed them they bum rush you. Its like a freaking mafia there. I've considered catching a few to make dinner and down pillows but I think they are protected within town limits.

Maybe you should throw some chicken wings on the grill and see how fast he runs away.

HaHa We live off of Yaphank lake the friggin swans are NASTY! The geese can be too.

Supposidly turkeys are back on the okay to hunt list because population is up. I have seen a few here and some in my travels around Rocky Point and Yaphank Av.

The duckpond sounds like the craziness I remember as a kid at Southhaven.

Pinkheine

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
the deer are even better on li.by the way any good hunting spots where you are.i was working in yaphank at the new plant but i didnt have time to scout

I hear a lot of gun fire during hunting season in the near distance, and there are tons of trucks parked on the side of the road off of 101 and also Yaphank Middle Island Rd. As for the deer we have plenty of deer, used to have plenty of Hostas in the driveway and gardens on our property but they all took care of that :irked:

I have my hunting liscense but never went hunting, this or that preventing me from going.. and lets face it when he goes hunting it's not exactly like the boys want wifey tagging along... too bad cause I'm a hell of a shot(even though I'm not quiet sure I could shoot bambi) paper and clay is typically more my speed as far as targets go.

Used to be a lot more spots to hunt but things have become so overdeveloped not much left.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
yeah i hear that.those gun shots you here cannot be from hunting season because u can only hunt with a bow on the island unless there is a farm with a nuisence permit.or they are illegally hunting deer.if thats the case i would call the DEC.there is nothing worse than killing the population of deer that way.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Not too mention loose shots in populated suburbia - something doesn't feel good about that.

About the swans - its funny actually. My then 1 year old 50 lb pitbull was chased out of the Prospect Park lake by two swans when she swam up to them to play.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: