NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
as stated, need to know exactly what i need to do to file for a extentio, i know i am going to owe this year and really in need of help to try and avoid further cost

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I filed an extension, you HAVE to pay an estimated amount, it's sent along with form 4868 that Dom linked. I just sent the amount I paid last year. you have six months from now to file after you send the 4868 in.

this is where I sent mine from www.pay1040.com

hth's Rick.

jayuws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
One more thing to add, I was in the same situation a few years back. I found out the hard way that it's cheaper in the long run if you send the IRS more than you think you owe. Otherwise you could have interest and other fees added to your balance. In my case my penalty for under payment was more than what I owed them.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
There's a "agreement to pay in installments" form somewhere that gets you out of paying all at once.

B

Only if you already filed a return you can setup an installment agreement with the IRS after they assess the amount due and FYI there no form for it but it's only a phone call away.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: