Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If only it were that easy. By the time you add the conversion kit, collect the oil, filter the oil, store the oil; it comes out to alot more than 50 cents a gallon. You have any idea how bad a 55 gallon drum of used cooking oil stinks?

Yes I do, I used to work in a chinese restaurant. And we did sell the used oil for $25 a barrel to guys that did have diesel cars. And all that labor really really pays for itself as the earlier you start it the lower the overall costs will go down per gallon. The conversion kit is the static cost, once you factor it into the 150,000+ miles your car will go through the cost is really negligible, plus it's MUCH better than paying more than $5 a gallon every time you go fill up.

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Listening to 1010WINS, stated that oil will be $6.00 gal by July 4th & $8.00 by Labor Day.

That is the day I foresee the roads looking like a scene out of I am legend ...
$6 would be a widespread panic, at $8 I see riots and closed down gas stations nationwide ... :theyareon

In all honesty though July is right around the corner, that would be a pretty drastic jump, would like to see
the write up on that story if possible ...

Last edited:

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
In all honesty though July is right around the corner, that would be a pretty drastic jump, would like to see
the write up on that story if possible

Chris,
According to AAA's national gas price chart on May 14,2008 the national average was $3.10, now it is $4.00. In the last three weeks the price has jumped 22.5% If this trend keeps true, in three weeks time gas will be 4.90 at the end of June and then $6.00 by the middle August.

Steven

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's crazy, so I guess that's how they come up with the $8 a gallon as well...Hopefully if it does raise to $6 it will lower shortly after and not get that high ... Between the heat wave and the gas I feel like a hermit in the house lately :lol: Your advatar is funny though.... :splitspin

I found some info on the subject today ..

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/09/news/economy/poll/index.htm?cnn=yes

Last edited:

Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Im just gonna get some new wheels!!

Attachments

• big wheel.jpg
    big wheel.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 65
  • ny fat bke.jpg
    ny fat bke.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 61

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
That is the day I foresee the roads looking like a scene out of I am legend ...
$6 would be a widespread panic, at $8 I see riots and closed down gas stations nationwide ... :theyareon

the write up on that story if possible ...

Its past that 'riot and closed down gas station' price in england when you convert the pound to dollar and liter to gallon.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080525183444AAQwgSd

Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So you should move there so you can handle the higher prices easier... but I don't get how being on a tiny island makes it easier to handle higher prices.

Ming you are the gas companies wet dream!

They love people like you who just go along with anything!

Just the size of America alone dictates it need for more fuel.

I guess life for you is just all about you! you dont care about what happens to your fellow man or when the American society is getting screwed!

This is why i started this thread with the opinion that The New generations are the down fall of the American Empire (THAT IS IF YOU ARE AMERICAN!).
Thanks for proving it!

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Ming you are the gas companies wet dream!

They love people like you who just go along with anything!

Just the size of America alone dictates it need for more fuel.

I guess life for you is just all about you! you dont care about what happens to your fellow man or when the American society is getting screwed!

This is why i started this thread with the opinion that The New generations are the down fall of the American Empire (THAT IS IF YOU ARE AMERICAN!).
Thanks for proving it!

I actually care more about the long term effects. In that, I mean I want my children to actually know what a gas station is because if the prices doesn't match world prices (because america is paying well below world prices, just compare to any European country), then we are going to use up all the gasoline in the world before the next generation gets a chance to use it.

You on the other hand, just care about whats in your pocket, and seem to give no regard to the future of your kids (if you have any)

Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I actually care more about the long term effects. In that, I mean I want my children to actually know what a gas station is because if the prices doesn't match world prices (because america is paying well below world prices, just compare to any European country), then we are going to use up all the gasoline in the world before the next generation gets a chance to use it.

You on the other hand, just care about whats in your pocket, and seem to give no regard to the future of your kids (if you have any)

As if gasoline was going to last forever! how typical .I say get rid of gas and the entire European community and develope our own cleaner resources.
Let our kids see how America started getting screwed and fought back!

That's great Ming the next time you need money to feed your kids take em down to the gas station!

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
As if gasoline was going to last forever! how typical .I say get rid of gas and the entire European community and develope our own cleaner resources.
Let our kids see how America started getting screwed and fought back!

That's great Ming the next time you need money to feed your kids take em down to the gas station!

So if you're going to use a cleaner resource, why do you care what the price of gas is? Until the day of cleaner resource comes, I'll stick to my textbook economics of supply and demand.

a more simplier analogy is, lets say theres a catastrophe, and 100 people need water, and there is 100 water bottles. You might say make sure the water is free to those people, I would say its better to price gauge to meet price and demand.
If it was free, the first 50 people would take a bottle of water to drink, and another bottle to wash their hands and feet, meanwhile the last 50 people would dehydrate to death. If it was price gauged, people generally buy what they need and would more likely stick to 1 bottle per person because it'll hold them over until they can get to other water.

Its not about profit, its about availability. If you lower the price of gas to $1 a gallon, I'll buy a hummer because its fun to drive and the gas pumps might go empty before you can fill up. But instead, I won't because I know it cost too much to fill up each time.

Have you ever gone to a gas station and they were out of gas? I have and it sucks when you need gas badly and willing to pay more, but they simply don't have any. And that gas station was priced lower then anywhere else which didn't help.

Last edited:

Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So if you're going to use a cleaner resource, why do you care what the price of gas is? Until the day of cleaner resource comes, I'll stick to my textbook economics of supply and demand.

a more simplier analogy is, lets say theres a catastrophe, and 100 people need water, and there is 100 water bottles. You might say make sure the water is free to those people, I would say its better to price gauge to meet price and demand.
If it was free, the first 50 people would take a bottle of water to drink, and another bottle to wash their hands and feet, meanwhile the last 50 people would dehydrate to death. If it was price gauged, people generally buy what they need and would more likely stick to 1 bottle per person because it'll hold them over until they can get to other water.

Its not about profit, its about availability. If you lower the price of gas to $1 a gallon, I'll buy a hummer because its fun to drive and the gas pumps might go empty before you can fill up. But instead, I won't because I know it cost too much to fill up each time.

Have you ever gone to a gas station and they were out of gas? I have and it sucks when you need gas badly and willing to pay more, but they simply don't have any. And that gas station was priced lower then anywhere else which didn't help.

Ming what makes you think there is a shortage of oil?

The only shortage is a production of the products in order to elevate prices which if you did not notice is spurring a increase of everything under the sun!

The reason you would care about gas prices is because the same people who are making all the money dont want any other resource to be developed.They have paid to make sure it does not happen!

(You would gauge the price of water in a catastrophe?? Man thats harsh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: