Chongpark27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
My girlfriend is buying me a ps3 for our anniversary:inlove: but the question is how good is the blue ray player on the ps3. Am I better off asking her to buy me a blue ray player instead? The main reason i want the ps3 is because of the blue ray player. I already have the 360 so i will probably be using it more watching movies, maybe a few games. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blueray is awsome!! The ps3 is the way to go for a blueray player right at the moment because it is the only player that will accept upgraded software. But mine has been flawless. If you have a hd tv def get hdmi cables, you can find them very cheap on the internet dont pay circuit city prices they are insane!!

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Chong,

I just installed my new system with the PS3 as THE dvd player. Come see for yourself -

It also upconverts all high def dvd's as well. Totally hot if you ask me. i also bought the game charger standard remote kit for $39 and that is worthwhile if you don't want to take the time to learn the game controllers to use the DVD feature

House

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
PS3 is currently the best blueray player available simply because you can upgrade the firmware. I believe they are going to add tons of new stuffs on blueray player and currently blueray player will be old model or won't be able to use future enhance feature except your PS3.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
i would suggest getting the ps3 and getting it from your local blockuster. its really a good deal. for $499 you get the ps3 40g, hdmi, a movie, game, remote control for movies and 20 free rentals of either movies or games. do the math this is the best deal for the buck.

matt

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
FYI - 40 gig system is $369 at SAMS club AND it comes with spidy III in blue ray :shhh:

House

i would suggest getting the ps3 and getting it from your local blockuster. its really a good deal. for $499 you get the ps3 40g, hdmi, a movie, game, remote control for movies and 20 free rentals of either movies or games. do the math this is the best deal for the buck.

matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: