alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
As if this hobby does not take up enough time and money, I recently got myself into another one - Building model wooden sailing ships. It looks like fun. I just ordered my kit and tools today.

Anybody else happen to do this too?

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Like this?

DSCN8939.JPG

DSCN8938.JPG

I actually just recieved this as a gift, a friend of the family's brother make em from scratch. Said it took him about 3 months to make. I can see how you could fall into this hobby. Too bad I don't have that type of patience..

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
There is/was a member from Peekskill that I went to his home, and actually spent more time looking at his model ships than his tank! Somewhere I have pics of a ship that he had been working on for years...he had purchased a very expensive kit, BUT didn't like the size, so he hand built every single piece to a larger scale, with even MORE detail. He had even designed and built his own machine to take very fine threads and braid them into 'scale' rope for the rigging.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
This could be the new all time record!!!

8 years, 7 months, 11 days, or
271,728,000 seconds, or
4,528,800 minutes, or
75,480 hours, or
3145 days

;)

Russ

This is pretty far back, I'm not even sure some of the old threads from 2003 & 2004 are still on the board. Well look on the bright side, at lease he was asking if the items for sale was still available.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: