D

DEEPWATER

I come today to find ,what my was left of my white underwear ,,to be brown ugly stain on it ,,HAHAHAHAHA ,,,that what im thinking ,,I dont remember sh--ing in my undys this morning ,,so im think to myself ,,SELF ,,is anyone here ,,na that would be a dumb thing if some stained my undys ,,so i feel something drip on my hand ,low and behold ,there is a freaking leak from my ceiling ,,that brown ugly stuff is tar from the roof ,,but here is the good thing ,Cuz i went this morning about 8 am to laundry ,i haad to et ready and my laundry hamper was downstairs ,so hopped in the shower ,through my undys next to my bed ,that caught that ugly crap from the ceiling ,,thk g-d ,,I have light color carpets ,so a brown stain wouldnt look good ,and heres the bad thing ,im only living in this apt for 4 month ,what is winter going to bring ,,, :arg: :arg:

Barnacle_Blenny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
It's your lanlords issue he has to fix it and in the mean time you have the right to with hold rent until it is resolved. Make sure you write him a formal complaint via certified mail. Then open a seperate bank accound where you will keep the rent until he fixes the problem. Make sure all is well documented and records kept. It's your right!!!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
:Im not to worried ,,My super and i are in good terms ,,,it just a BIG PITA right now ,,as a plumber and someone who had worked roofing for a while ,you really cant do anything till the rain stops ,, :headache: till then , :arg:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's extreme meaures BB, and a sure way to piss off the LL.

try calling them first and asking them to fix it right away.
it should not be that hard of a job. if things don't get resolved then call
hpd, the housing project department, through 311, they will take a complaint and send someone out to look at the damage and leak. they will then contact the landlord and make them fix it. otherwise they will fix it and put a lean on the property. don't withhold rent the landlord can take you to court then, and that is really bad. you don't want that on your record, no one will rent to you again!

let the city deal with it, they will. but likely the LL will fix it without a fuss, give them the opportunity to do so.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Deep,

Welcome to the "Flood Club". My wife and I received a call from our tenant about a leak in the apartment (attached to the house) and then I find 2 more leaks in our roof. looks like its only flashing that needs to be touched up, maybe replaced. We have never had the problem until this week... strange.

Good luck with it... and get yourself some new undies....

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
I come today to find ,what my was left of my white underwear ,,to be brown ugly stain on it ,,HAHAHAHAHA ,,,that what im thinking ,,I dont remember sh--ing in my undys this morning ,,so im think to myself ,,SELF ,,is anyone here ,,na that would be a dumb thing if some stained my undys ,,so i feel something drip on my hand ,low and behold ,there is a freaking leak from my ceiling ,,that brown ugly stuff is tar from the roof ,,but here is the good thing ,Cuz i went this morning about 8 am to laundry ,i haad to et ready and my laundry hamper was downstairs ,so hopped in the shower ,through my undys next to my bed ,that caught that ugly crap from the ceiling ,,thk g-d ,,I have light color carpets ,so a brown stain wouldnt look good ,and heres the bad thing ,im only living in this apt for 4 month ,what is winter going to bring ,,, :arg: :arg:

Are you sure its a leak?!?!:joke:....sorry to hear about the ceiling/roof....and please get yourself some new undies...:lol:...

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Well these leaks are happening in people's homes, which sounds feasible, but tell me why at Pace, there were buckets all over the hallways cause there were massive leaks! I mean students are paying 23,000 plus and cant get a school with proper sealing of the windows, and roofs which dont leak! GOD!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jawwad2004 said:
Well these leaks are happening in people's homes, which sounds feasible, but tell me why at Pace, there were buckets all over the hallways cause there were massive leaks! I mean students are paying 23,000 plus and cant get a school with proper sealing of the windows, and roofs which dont leak! GOD!

hey stop complaining. what are you afraid of a little water? they put buckets out for you what more do you want?

:D :D

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
jhale said:
hey stop complaining. what are you afraid of a little water? they put buckets out for you what more do you want?

:D :D
water is good ,,im a plumber ,nothing worng with a bit of water ,,but here is whats leaking from my ceiling ,,so far ,,a small stain om my carpet ,(only 4 months new) ruined my painting ,,,and a bucket for my fishies ..
OHyeah ,,igot a new pair of undies ,I thk myself for being lazy,and not putting my undies in the hamper <good old undies ,never thought in a million yrs i would say thk youto a pair of undies ,
Interesting partern its making huh ,lol In the bucket you nutty ppl ...;p;

Attachments

• acan.jpg
    acan.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: