stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
This is my new dream fish:

281.jpg

Don't expect to see this little guy at any lfs anytime soon... He cost a whopping 1.2 million yen or $10,645 USD.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
regal said:
It is called peppermint angel. There is an online store which sells excotic fish which I send an inquiry before but never heard back from them.

I would think to acquire one you would need to go over sea and still then it's a pretty penny. I don't think anyone on RC has one, atleast in the USA.

Just think for $10k you could buy a large setup and stock it with some great fish and still have money left-over.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
inkblue said:
whY is it so expenSive :scratchch :confused:

From an article marrone posted:

"The extremely rare C. boylei is seen here. Enjoy the photo, as they are almost as rare as the specimens themselves. Their collection and photography is difficult due to the depths of 300 feet or more that are required in order to find one."

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
could only imagine if someone could breed this fish and make a fortune out of this. Too nice to be in my tank though.. I wouldn't be able to sleep with a fish that expensive in my tank..

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
10 k for a fish ,,,wow now that expensive ,and it does not look like a 10k fish ,i dont care how rare it look or how deep it came from ,10 for a fish ,,the balls on ppl to charge that price ,,and shame on the ppl who but it ,,i can do lots with 10k ,,like open a smell fish store ,dam i wish i had MONEY

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
10 k for a fish ,,,wow now that expensive ,and it does not look like a 10k fish ,i dont care how rare it look or how deep it came from ,10 for a fish ,,the balls on ppl to charge that price ,,and shame on the ppl who but it ,,i can do lots with 10k ,,like open a smell fish store ,dam i wish i had MONEY

LOL.. Don't you already have a "smell" fish store already..haha... :icon16:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: