jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Hey, guys I need some help on buying a Plasma/LCD tv/pc monitor combo for my bedroom. I was considering the Dell 19" lcd tv/monitor combo and I dont want to spend more the $600. Does anyone have any experience with any other companies which will support my digital cable and my pc at the same time? I also want it to be an HDTV compatible tv. Also cant be larger the 21" and cant be smaller then 19" and has to be widescreen (16:9 ratio).

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
When you say no more than 21 inch do you mean including cabinet or not. I dont know the exact dimensions of what you need. Currently dell has an awsome promotion on their 24" widescreen monitor. One of the slickest you can get. No monitor comes close especially not for that price. I DID SAY FOR THAT PRICE SO DONT ANYONE BE COMING TO ME YAPPING ABOUT NO APPLE 30" OR IM GONNA HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE SOME SERIOUS ***** SLAPPING!!!

Anyway:

Dell 24"

Dell has their Dell 2405FPW 24" Wide Screen LCD Display for $1199 - 35% off code 69$8KC79D53S2H [Exp 10/27, 1500] + $3 handling = $782 with free shipping. By far the best current deal on a screen of this size, and nobody even touches the features that this screen offers.

# 1920x1200 Resolution (16:10), 12ms Response Time, 9-in-1 flash reader
# 1000:1 Contrast Ratio, 500 cd/m2 Brightness, +/-89 degrees Viewing Angle
# VGA, DVI, composite, component, and S-video connections

Just follow the instructions with the coupons etc to get the price.
HTH
Herman

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
herman, this looks nice, but the problem is that I have a 5.1 surround sound system hooked upto my pc, and I want to use it with cable and videogame consoles, and this monitor doesnt have those connections. I will only be able to use my sound system only with my pc. By the way, with this monitor, I can watch tv and play videogames right?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
What kind of video card do you have? Also you can get get external tv inputs to you computer so you can hook up your games. and still utilize the surround sound. The problem with too many moitors is that their native resolution basically sucks. Many say HDTV ready but in fact they are not evern capable of displaying 1080i and the 740p and i are only simulated.

Basically give me the specs of your pc and I can find you a solution for your connection woes.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx//lcd_w1900?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
I am using the intel integrated gfx card which came wit my pc, have never upgraded it or planned to do so for the simple fact I dont play PC games. What I wanted to do was just get an actual TV which can be connected to a PC and TV at the same time. Would I need some sort of a converter box or something to use my sound system for my pc and tv simultaneously?
The link shows you the TV that I am looking towards.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
First off there are several formats of HDTV. 1080 scanlines is the true HDTV, basically as good as it gets. I am not going to go into interlaced v progerssive. The dell tv that you pointed out can do 740 which is not bad, but not the best.

The problem you are facing is that with the standard grafics card in your pc, the resolution basically sucs and if you hoof it up to a large monitor you will get these rediculously large icons. You will have to sit back quite far to make it look normal.

I recommend that you stick with the dell 24" above and upgrade your graphics card to no less than a ATI allinwonder 9800 pro. Not too exopensive and it will give you all of the connections that you will need. Nvidia has some great options too but if price is an issue go with the ati. The monitor resolution is 1900 x 1080 meaning you will get the fullest out of hdtv viewing. Once you go there you can never go back.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: