ferrybongo13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ok just for a quick up date...I live on the western end of long island...Breezy Point...I saw this whale surface four times tonight around 7pm along with dozens of others..I should have run home and gotten my camera but i was too busy just watching this awesome creature...this whale was in rockaway inlet...just before the marine parkway bridge.Two NYPD harbor boats were omn the scene to help it stay out of harms way (the bridge and boats) I just hope it makes it safe and stays alive.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
in the late 80's 88? 89? the EPA stopped dumping solid waste from the water treatment plants off shore.
since they stopped dumping the water quality in the waters around NY have improved greatly!
the waste is now taken to a de watering station, dried made into pellets and sent to the mid west to be used as fertilizer for trees grown for building materials.

you would be surprised whats in these waters!

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
water here is high in phosphates which is why visibility sucks.
there is too much contaminated storm sewer run off so the real local waters to NYC is very high in phosphates.
when I working we had the water tested Phosphates were around 10 PPM if my memory serves me correctly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: