inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This really did happen......

I was on the W train a couple weeks ago.
I notice a woman with a Apple Powerbook, seated typing away didn't think much of it.
Anyway the train went into the tunnel and stalled in the tunnel because of traffic,
but the lights had turned off completely, I guess because the contact wasn't good to the 3rd rail.
Well this woman felt really conspicuous now because her Powerbook was now a beacon of the apple logo, all lit up.

Just thought I share this w/ you guys.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I know crime is down and all, but i still would not be typing on my ibook in the subway. that's just asking for it.

one of my good friends was mugged for her ipod this past summer on the subway.
the f****R bent her wrist back to take it out of her hand.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I hate to say it but don't use them on the subway.

I think the police caught and or stopped the guys stealing the ipods, it was on just a few lines and they were targeting women.

either way keep your ipods in your inside pocket, it will make less of a target.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
AND, get rid of the white headphones! What's up with that? they're crappy anyway. Get some nice sony's, or panasonic. They're better quality, black, and don't sceam IPOD!!!!!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Gmandese said:
AND, get rid of the white headphones! What's up with that? they're crappy anyway. Get some nice sony's, or panasonic. They're better quality, black, and don't sceam IPOD!!!!!
I agree

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Another thing, too....
Use one of those silicone "skins' to keep your pod in. If you choose a black one, like my son (who takes the train from Glendale to Fordam U) , black skin+ black headphones, = small sc**bag interest! Camo is what it's all about!

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I carry mine right beside my glock. no one f's with me.

Actually, I just use these headphones:
Sony_7506b.jpg

B

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Umm no they didn't catch all the people stealing the Ipods on the subways you can trust me on that I know from experience. Ummmm Yes get rid of those headphones they are a beacon that screams MUG ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alternate use for any mac/apple product is either a paperweight or a doorstop. Oh and combat Tuperware glock can't hold a candle to a Smith and Wesson. Oh and what drugs was that woman on that was using her notebook on the W train? THE W TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!! Sorry I know how the books are cooked in NYC Maybe I am a little jaded and disgrunt....... disgrunt.........Argh Angry.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
Umm no they didn't catch all the people stealing the Ipods on the subways you can trust me on that I know from experience. Ummmm Yes get rid of those headphones they are a beacon that screams MUG ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alternate use for any mac/apple product is either a paperweight or a doorstop. Oh and combat Tuperware glock can't hold a candle to a Smith and Wesson. Oh and what drugs was that woman on that was using her notebook on the W train? THE W TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!! Sorry I know how the books are cooked in NYC Maybe I am a little jaded and disgrunt....... disgrunt.........Argh Angry.

what's not to get?

the bad guys are still out there,
don't use white apple earphones,
someone might have had a bad Mac experience,
glocks jam S&Ws rock,
W trains are dangerous for electronic items,
NYPD or the NY Gov is making up crime stats,

right? ;)

you all owe me a beer :p

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Happen this morning again on the W train, dumba$$ conductor didn't turn on the lights when we got into the tunnel, sat in almost pitch blackness until we got to Lexingtn.

What gives??
Shouldn't the trains interior lghts turn on auto??

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: