SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
my clowns have laid eggs. i am looking for help in setting up a nursery asap. if anyone has experience or knows how please let me know. i am not confident enough to attempt this on my own. i am willing to pay so hopefully someone here is capable. please get back to me asap. thanks, steve. 516-860-6525.

First off, I'd advise that you don't bust your ass trying to save this batch. Don't worry, once your clowns get going, assuming that they are maintained in good condition, they'll pop out another batch a few days to a week after the first hatches.

Write this batch off. Get your food cultures established, get everything ready, and then, when you're ready, try and raise a batch. :)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
thanks everyone, especially sanjay and mr. softy. i now know i have to focus on the food and the food's food (rotifers and algae). it just sucks i have to abandon this first batch.

No worry, you'll have more fry than you know what to do with. The second clutch of eggs will most likely be laid and fertilized two to three days after the first batch hatch.

The first batch should hatch approximately nine days after they were laid.

On the ninth day, two to three hours after lights out, if you take a flashlight to the tank, you should see the fry swimming around.

Mine have been doing this like clockwork for almost six years.

Good luck with them.
Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: