• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
it's too bad that in today's world everything is based on pirated software, movies, music, everything.
I don't know too much about the music industry, but as a producer in the AAA games industry I promise you all that you're kidding yourselves if you think that there aren't reprecussions to pirating. You are directly affecting the ability of the industry to produce content for you to consume. If you enjoy music, shell out a few bucks to support the industry that produces it.

Anyhow, to the point, illegally downloading anything is theft. Period.

Sorry if I am stepping on your thread, Bigdog - everyone has a right to voice their opinions, and I feel pretty strongly about this.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
if you have an android phone. look up online MP3 Download ultimate and download it to your phone. the android marketplace banned it because it litterly has almost every song you can ask for. or a few other good android free music apps are Fildo, music wizard and music downloader

Staaan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
OH PLEASE can we stop this non sense? "Artists" make millions of dollars regardless if people download their music as a matter of fact all that "illegal downloading" is usually what jump starts a career. Look at LiL Wayne for example people were bootlegging his mix tapes and now he's the biggest name in hip hop. The statutory rate is 8 1/2 cents per song per cd THAT'S IT, the record companies get all the rest. Unless you are selling tons of cds it really doesn't matter and if you wanna go by dl'ing individual tracks they are making much less anyway because people aren't even buying the cd they will dl 2 songs instead. The REAL money is in LIVE performances and merchandising so let's not flap away at the mouth here yoshi. If you were in this industry for 15 years you would know these things. What kind of DJ loses a job because records sales aren't there? I DJ'd,threw parties, all over NYC,went to school for music production and audio engineering. I had my own radio station when I was 19 years old 1 of the first around and probably the biggest at the time. I AM MUSIC.

I never cared about getting a few pennies for songs lol I made music to make people happy,to get people dancing,to book spots and throw parties. If you are really going to sit here crying about this you must be talentless not to mention I never heard of you. Good luck trying to sell songs on itunes LMAO, you'll get rich NEVER.

+1
Especially about the jump starting a career part - practically all the bands I listen to got to where they are today simply because of "piracy" and myspace.. haha.

Anyway... best places I use in my quite extensive experience..

#1 - Waffles.fm (Its a private tracker and absolutely the best... and pretty hard to get into, unfortunately I don't have any more invites ATM)

#2 - Usenet (aka - Newsgroups)

#3 - Demonoid

I never liked any P2P software... (even though torrents technically are P2P) but I mean things like Limewire, Napster, Kazaa.. and the like. They're all densely filled with viruses (especially if you are top 100 radio hits type of music lover)...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I really like live music. I go to Sugarmegs.org (which is administered through Archive.org). Loads of concerts...some recorded the other day, some recorded 60 years ago or more (they had a series of Benny Goodman concerts from the 30's, Miles Davis concerts from the 40's). Sound quality sucks on some, is great on others, depending on the source. Many originated as radio broadcasts. Nothing that has been officially released is posted. But in the past few weeks I have downloaded concerts by Taj Mahal (recorded in Oct.), Procol Harum recorded at Westbury last month, and the Buffalo Springfield reunion recorded at the Bridge School benefit a few weeks ago.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: