• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Hey guys I have a hp g60 laptop and I recently replaced the battery ,,, after replacing the battery ,, now my Internet connection won't work ,, it shows a wire and comp screen where it normally shows the wireless signal ,, please text me or call me ,, 631-835-8444,, name is Eddie

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Is the wireless light blue or amber? If amber, wireless, including BT is turned off. There should be a wireless on/off button or key combination to re-enabled if it's off.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Widdy said:
Is the wireless light blue or amber? If amber, wireless, including BT is turned off. There should be a wireless on/off button or key combination to re-enabled if it's off.

The wireless button us amber and will not let turn blue,, I pushed the button and tried to turn it on thru device manager,, and no luck

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
The wireless button us amber and will not let turn blue,, I pushed the button and tried to turn it on thru device manager,, and no luck

Could be several things, but because you said this occurred after your replaced your battery, I'm thinking if you might've jostled the WLAN (Wireless LAN) card that's right next to the battery compartment. Not sure if you're comfortable reseating the WLAN module.

blueink

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hp laptops r known to have wireless card problems. however, being the battery was replaced, i would check in this order:
1.) check bios and make sure wireless is enabled
2.) reseat wireless card
3.) check if wireless card is showing in device manager
4.) make sure wireless switch is turn on
5.) check for latest driver and re-install

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got Vista or Win 7 running on it? Looks to be an O/S issue on the HP forums more than the hardware itself. Never in my 8 years working on a laptop would a battery replacement cause that to happen unless you did some physical damage to it while changing it out.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
bizzarro said:
You got Vista or Win 7 running on it? Looks to be an O/S issue on the HP forums more than the hardware itself. Never in my 8 years working on a laptop would a battery replacement cause that to happen unless you did some physical damage to it while changing it out.
Im runnin windows 7 and no it wasn't banged around ,, it has its own carrying case

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: