bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Nelson,

I am glad they didn't get Lee - seven years is way too long for a 32 year old pitcher with back issues. As it is, we will have to suffer through an over-the-hill A-Rod at the end of his career and the rest of Burnett's contract. As for trades, Greinke's not coming to NY - he has psychological issues and would be crushed here. I think Garza or King Felix are who the Yanks set their sights on next.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
They should just get rid of Burnett, eat the contract. Or at least trade him and get some prospects, And the yanks will still have to eat a lot of that contract. If i was Lee i wouldn't pick the Yankees either, The team is old and besides Cano there are no real promising up and comers. The entire infiled except cano are past their prime. Texiera hasn't been good in the playoffs and looks like he is at the tail end of his career as well.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
martin is crap and coming off injury. if they want. they should trade burnett for carlos zambrano. bad contract for bad one. save them an extra year of burnett. also sign webb, and 1 other pitcher for cheap. then wait til next year for some new people. it would help them

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Too bad about Greinke.I think he's a good pitcher.No one is gonna want AJ after that performance last season.No talk about any of those pitchers as of yet.I'm thinking they'll make do with what they have.Cashman is out of options after the Lee bust.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I am so disappointed the yanks didn't get lee.

I think it is hilarious. I cannot tell you how many Yankees fans were talking trash about the Phillies last year. The most common theme was "nice team, we'll take Lee and Werth thank you very much". They could all use a dose of humble pie, not everyone wants to play for the Yankees.

I like the Yankees but the attitude that Yankees fans had towards the Phils AFTER the Yanks were eliminated and before the Phils were knocked out by the Giants was disgusting.

The Phils sold out every home game last year, they have a ton of cash to throw around, and Lee wanted to take less to play for them. They still need to pick up a little more power to replace Werth but there will be a lot of 2-1 games which are very exciting to watch.

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I think it is hilarious. I cannot tell you how many Yankees fans were talking trash about the Phillies last year. The most common theme was "nice team, we'll take Lee and Werth thank you very much". They could all use a dose of humble pie, not everyone wants to play for the Yankees.

I like the Yankees but the attitude that Yankees fans had towards the Phils AFTER the Yanks were eliminated and before the Phils were knocked out by the Giants was disgusting.

The Phils sold out every home game last year, they have a ton of cash to throw around, and Lee wanted to take less to play for them. They still need to pick up a little more power to replace Werth but there will be a lot of 2-1 games which are very exciting to watch.

To be honest, Phills fans are far worse than any fan in baseball I have come across even Yankee Fans(this is coming from a mets Fan). Everytime I have been to a Mets Phills game at Citi Field/Shea Stadium, they have just talked so much trash it was unreal. I have never seen so many fans of the opposing team in the home teams stadium and act like they own the place. Nevermind players like jimmy rollins going out of their way to bash the Mets which is pretty lame since the Mets haven't made the playoffs since 2006. This is much worse for the Mets than it is for the Yankees. It's bad enough they havent done anything so far this off season now they have to deal with arguable the best starting rotation in baseball.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
To be honest, Phills fans are far worse than any fan in baseball I have come across even Yankee Fans(this is coming from a mets Fan). Everytime I have been to a Mets Phills game at Citi Field/Shea Stadium, they have just talked so much trash it was unreal. I have never seen so many fans of the opposing team in the home teams stadium and act like they own the place.

The Mets/Phillies rivalry goes so far back, there is a lot of animosity. Don't forget that the Mets blanked the Phils earlier in the year which started their big slump where they were not hitting the ball at all.

Mets and Phils fans have always invaded each others stadiums, that has been going on for 20 years now. When the Phillies sucked there were more Mets fans in the stadium in PA than Phillies fans. The Mets used to whoop on the Phils for years. Then the Phils took Dykstra, Mcdowell, face it there is a ton of history between these teams.

My comments about the Yanks not getting Lee being funny is accurate, why the Yankees would not understand that a midwestern guy with family values might have a problem with rabid Yankees fans who had spit on his wife before, thats just ignorant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ff-lees-wife-kristen-lee-part-of-the-decision

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Mets/Phillies rivalry goes so far back, there is a lot of animosity. Don't forget that the Mets blanked the Phils earlier in the year which started their big slump where they were not hitting the ball at all.

Mets and Phils fans have always invaded each others stadiums, that has been going on for 20 years now. When the Phillies sucked there were more Mets fans in the stadium in PA than Phillies fans. The Mets used to whoop on the Phils for years. Then the Phils took Dykstra, Mcdowell, face it there is a ton of history between these teams.

My comments about the Yanks not getting Lee being funny is accurate, why the Yankees would not understand that a midwestern guy with family values might have a problem with rabid Yankees fans who had spit on his wife before, thats just ignorant.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ff-lees-wife-kristen-lee-part-of-the-decision

Well I don't know anything about mets fans in the phills stadium as I have never been to a phils game. Yes, obviously the phills/mets rivalry is a pretty good one. I wouldn't go on to say the Mets have been beating up the phils for the past 20 years. If anything I think the phills have been the better team for the most part and will be for at least the next 5 years. I agree it is pretty comical to see Yankee fans upset that he shut them down. On the other hand I'm more angury then happy about this.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Well I don't know anything about mets fans in the phills stadium as I have never been to a phils game. Yes, obviously the phills/mets rivalry is a pretty good one. I wouldn't go on to say the Mets have been beating up the phils for the past 20 years. If anything I think the phills have been the better team for the most part and will be for at least the next 5 years. I agree it is pretty comical to see Yankee fans upset that he shut them down. On the other hand I'm more angury then happy about this.

Yeah, Phillies fans drive to NY, Baltimore, and now DC to root for the team. It is an old franchise, so there has always been a bit of history about that stuff.

Also, you really should check out the new Philly stadium. It is incredible, beats the new Yankee stadium by far, there is just this electricity in the air and the facilities are amazing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: