JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ok so heres the deal guys. Im hoping to see a good turn out of ticket sales. As those of you that know me know Im a NYC firefighter as a career. Havent been in the firehouse since "08 due to injuries from a near death moroncycle accident.
2 1/2 years ago, right before my accident I did a motorcycle raffle that I ran for my motorcycle club I had belonged to back then and donated 100% of the proceeds to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to the breast cancer wing, the wounded warriors program and the walter reed society.

I feel this is a way to help the others that I care about---sick kids, hence what your about to read below.

Anyway I am also volunteer firefighter here in Hicksville as well, have been since Oct. 24, 1999

I am running a raffle as a company fundraiser. We do house to house each year. Thats when we knock on doors asking for donations. I have refused to participate since the economy has gone down the toilet due to not feeling right asking for a guy or girls last 20 bucks in their pocket when theyre struggling to keep their house out of foreclosure, so for 2 years I havent walked it and I dont plan on it anytime soon either because people are going to be struggling for years and the fire truck and men at your door in uniform is the best guilt trip in the world if you dont donate, Id rather not guilt trip anyone.

The house to house is the department fundraiser- which is the reason we have to do it. We are allowed 1 company level fundraiser per year so I want to do this because at least the people that buy tickets will have a pretty damn good chance on getting a descent cash prize for their donation-plus you can write off your ticket cost as a donation due to it being a fundraiser.

So the way I want to raise money for the company is this:

We are going to be doing a raffle starting next month. The tickets are going to be $100 a piece, with only 400 being printed.

Out of the 400 tickets there are going to be 6 cash prizes with a public drawing to be held here in Hicksville most likely in the back picnic area of one of our firehouses. You dont have to be at the drawing to win, we will have each ticket owners contact info and if you win and arent at the drawing we will contact you and arrange a meeting time and place to deliver your prize.

The prizes are going to be:
Grand prize of $10,000
2nd prize of $3,000
3rd prize of $2,000
As well as 3-$1000 prizes.

The 400 tickets will bring in $40,000- the company will raise $22,000 from the raffle but I will be donating 20% to the childrens ward of Sloan Kettering in the city to help with whatever for kids with cancer.

I know its a hefty price for a ticket but split em with friends or whatever you have to, 1 out of every 66 tickets will walk away with at least $1,000 for buying a $100 ticket.

The most important part is that a descent bit of it will go to help kids that are suffering like we hope nobody we know will ever have to.

Mods I hope you dont mind me advertising the raffle, if so pm me and take it down.

I just hope to really see a lot of members here maybe buying 2 or 3 less frags to help out both my vollie company but most important sick kids.

Just to clarify- the 20% will not come off the $40,000 it will be 20% of the $22,000 the company makes.

Were really looking to do this so we dont even have to knock on doors and people will get back for giving and we can give a bit to help some in need.

Thanks for reading guys..........Jimmy

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
It has to get approved on the company floor- first monday of January- we have the votes to where its going to happen, we are stacking the meeting with young guys where the yes votes are going to out number the possible no votes over 2 to 1.

I have one of the chiefs of the dept. that has a friend thatll print the tickets quick so by the end of the 2nd week of next month Ill have the tickets ready to go

Anyone interested can contact me through pm or reefberry and I will meet up personally to get the person their ticket, give a flyer and get their info correct.

Am planning on the drawing being the weekend before the 4th of July.

Also if anyone is long distance- I have apaypal account that we can do the mail the ticket to them thing. This is going to be on the level 100% and will have the Hicksville FD name behind it so their will be no shanagans- plus Id never play the terd card on something like this, nor will I let anyone else. I am the head honcho on this and the access to the money, tickets and the money marketing account were creating just for the raffle will only have me and the officers of the companies name for accessing the account.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Great will do. Thanks Tom. Anyone that responds on the thread as your in I'm keeping a master list so nothing gets sloppy on my part and will pm as soon as the tickets are in my hand. As well as anyone that pm's or reefberrys me saying they want tickets. Thanks guys. Is going to be a great thing, and there will be a nice BBQ for anyone that comes to the drawing. Well make a nice day out of it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: