Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This week starts a very busy week for me as I have been playing Santa for many years, more than I can remember. (My birthday is also on Christmas Day)
This is where mostly the tinest kids sit on my lap and screem like I am going to eat them, or when they wet their pants, or worse.
When they pull my beard or punch me in the stomach.
But those things have to be overlooked because I probably did the same thing when I was that age and my Mother would take me to Macys in Manhattan to sit on Santa's lap.
Sometimes me and Abraham Lincoln would sit on his lap together.
Last year I got a new Santa suit because my original one was my Father N Laws and it was older than me. It had "Moses" something stiched on the inside.
But it is all worth it, especially when I get the kids that really believe it and get all excited. Not wet their pants excited, but you know what I mean.
Some of them are so in awe that they shake and can't ask for anything. Some just stare. (then wet their pants)
When my Daughter was young I used to crawl on the floor with my feet in the fireplace then my wife would bring her in and I would get up and rub snow on her, do the HO HOs and tell her about the reindeer on the roof.
It is fun for me when I play for parties where the parents bring in the kids, but not so much fun when I go to hospitals.
One place I have been visiting is NYU cancer hospital in Manhattan. They have a cancer floor there for children with the worse cases of cancer and the other hospitals send them there for experimantal treatment.
They are there from newborns to 18 years old. Unfortunately only about 40% of them get to leave.
It is not fun at all and I can't go into detail. Those kids really need prayers and nothing else. Their parents also are there living with their kids and they need lots of prayers. I think I cheer them up a little as I do get a lot of smiles. For me it is the worse day of the year and very hard to get through.
So if you have a little time maybe you could just send them a little prayer.

ArcChristmas09001.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: