JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Do they do portrait ???

That in my eyes is flirting with disaster no matter how great the artist is. A normal tatt, if they make a few slight mistakes can be covered up without you ever knowing a thing unless they mention it. I trust no one enough to do a portrait.

Lark tattoo in westbury here on long island is really good. I have lots of friends that have had work done there.
I havent had any work done here in NY, I got both my tatts when I was in the Army. One when I was in AIT at Ft.Gordon in Augusta Georgia and the second when I was stationed at Ft.Hood in Texas. Havent had anything new since, but when I do (and I will) itll probably be done by an artist at Lark.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Rock 'n Willys Tattoo-Piercing, Stroudsburg-PA A few months ago my wife and I got a tattoo, very please and the tattoo artist specialized in potraits. He is doing a potrait of my daughter on me my chestafter the holidays.

Hey smoq, here is a suggestion: Those that recommend there tattoo place - should post your tattoo art work here! So that way, you can get an idea there work!

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Black and grey isnt that painful at all. The only time it is is if you have greywash done- the light grey designs(almost like ghosting) they have to basically cut the lines in with a #1 then go back over it with watered down black ink so it gets a little uncomfortable. Other than that its not bad. When you get color its a little worse due to the amount of ink they have to lay into your skin- instead of just going through the area and moving on, its al ot of times spent in one area to color it correctly.

Good luck on the decision youll find a place whos work youll like and will wind up with a great tat. All artists are at a certain level if at a shop. The cost of keeping a studio going if youre not pretty damn good at the least you dont last.

Also contact PON on here hes a tatt artist.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
My brother in law from Tattoo Lou's has been tattooing for years. He did my portrait of my daughter and many others. I know its a little far from you, but figured I suggest him.

~James

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Thank you all for your replies. I'm leaning toward Janine recommendation as it is close to me and I can always eat some Polish food to sooth the pain:)

I don't think you'll have a problem finding any Polish food over there, lol. Alex McWatt (the owner) did my tattoo, and he was really great. I don't think you'll be disappointed with anyone there :splitspin

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
www.threekingstattoo.com

Ask for Mohawk John!:) He does awesome work...... Place is in Williamsburg/Brooklyn

Not the greatest pic as I took it myself with my Iphone when it was just done so it was also a little swollen, and red. You should see it now.;)

Attachments

• My tat.jpg
    My tat.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
www.threekingstattoo.com

Ask for Mohawk John!:) He does awesome work...... Place is in Williamsburg/Brooklyn

Not the greatest pic as I took it myself with my Iphone when it was just done so it was also a little swollen, and red. You should see it now.;)

That place isn't in Williamsburg,
Threekingstattoo is located in Greenpoint, 572 Manhattan Ave. couple blocks from my house that's why I know ;)
Williamsburg is on the other side of BQE...

Regards,
mark

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
That place isn't in Williamsburg,
Threekingstattoo is located in Greenpoint, 572 Manhattan Ave. couple blocks from my house that's why I know ;)
Williamsburg is on the other side of BQE...

Regards,
mark

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Thank you Mark! I don't know Brooklyn, and I was told that the area is Williamsburg. Bottom line Mohawk John is great!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: