fallenlordz

Cant hear you under Water
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just wanted to know what Internet Service Provider do you guys/girls use.

Thinking about switching my Cable isp (Earthlink - 10 Mbps down and .5 Mbps up) $41.95 a month

Been going real slow lately at night (like 3 Mbps down) :irked:

Was thinking about switching to Verizon FIOS (anybody using this and what are your thoughts?) I checked their site and FIOS is available in my area. :birthday:

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Just wanted to know what Internet Service Provider do you guys/girls use.

Thinking about switching my Cable isp (Earthlink - 10 Mbps down and .5 Mbps up) $41.95 a month

Been going real slow lately at night (like 3 Mbps down) :irked:

Was thinking about switching to Verizon FIOS (anybody using this and what are your thoughts?) I checked their site and FIOS is available in my area. :birthday:

I'm using TW Road Runner, and can't complain it's ok so far.

Regards
mark

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
You do know it all depends on your computer also if you have a cumper thats slow and not built for speed then no matter what service provider you get it will never be fast . I have roadrunner and not the turbo and i built my computer for speed and gaming and my internet speed is fast my friend has the turbo roadrunner and his is slow as hell because his computer sucks.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use Time Warner....that's all that's available in my neighborhood. (RCN also, but only in some apartment buildings.) I hate it. I've had to call them innumerable times over the last few months over TV and internet outages...although they can't be faulted for the tornado that took out my cable for over a week in September. FIOS is coming, and should be available by March. At that point, it appears that virtually all of Rego Park and Forest Hills will switch over to them. It seems that everyone hates TW, and I have never heard a complaint about FIOS from anyone who uses it.

o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i have fios, TURBO.
rely its been great for the past two years i have had it. the TV service is great also.
i just tested it on speakeasy and my down speed is 36.4m and up is 17.87m

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have had fios for about 6 years and in that time it has yet to go down.

I love it and I tipped the installer $20 and he installed the box and everything the way I wanted. (I'm OCD with my computers heh).

fallenlordz

Cant hear you under Water
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
You do know it all depends on your computer also if you have a cumper thats slow and not built for speed then no matter what service provider you get it will never be fast . I have roadrunner and not the turbo and i built my computer for speed and gaming and my internet speed is fast my friend has the turbo roadrunner and his is slow as hell because his computer sucks.

Doubt its my computer :) I have 4 computers setup (gaming, media center, family and one that I use for xbox 360 firmware updates lol) Ran speed test for all 4 at different times in the day. Seems only at night is when bandwidth is down. Guess more people is on at that time around the neighborhood. :irked:

Also upload of .50 is really crappy these days :splitspin

Seems - Fios is the way to go.
Looking at the cheapest Fios plan (15mbps down and 5mbps up) $54.99 without homephone

Is tax and other stuff included in that price?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Doubt its my computer :) I have 4 computers setup (gaming, media center, family and one that I use for xbox 360 firmware updates lol) Ran speed test for all 4 at different times in the day. Seems only at night is when bandwidth is down. Guess more people is on at that time around the neighborhood. :irked:

Also upload of .50 is really crappy these days :splitspin

Seems - Fios is the way to go.
Looking at the cheapest Fios plan (15mbps down and 5mbps up) $54.99 without homephone

Is tax and other stuff included in that price?

No you got tax and there famous surcharges thay do so your looking at $70 a month

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The node where you're connected to is oversaturated with subscribers. When they upgrade to handle more capacity that's going that way no matter how fast your computer is.

Anyway, I have FIOS. I have the 25/10 package into the triple play package. I get over 30+ downloading from the usenet.

I had it for over 2 years now and out of contract, paying monthly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: