guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Bought and sold 100's of things on CL with nary a hitch however I would NEVER let me lady go out or receive someone for a sale. Too many desperate blokes in this recession. Meet at bank is a great idea.

Love the advice of that typical gun slinging American about the 10th reply down. I always go with a friend, armed of course. WTF is wrong with our country. Or is it just Texas?

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what Ebay is no human interaction if you don't allow local pick up.

Even if you're armed, the element of surprise puts you in the same danger. I don't think many will put their guns out with a barrel staring down their face.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That's what Ebay is no human interaction if you don't allow local pick up.

Even if you're armed, the element of surprise puts you in the same danger. I don't think many will put their guns out with a barrel staring down their face.

You are absolutely correct. Statistics show that people who pull a weapon on their attacker/robber usually get that weapon taken from them and most times used on them as well. If anything put your keys in your hands and if you are able to safely take a swing aim for the eye area. It is important to remember that if someone wants something bad enough there is nothing you can do to stop them from taking it. Give it to them and cooperate with them. Heroes are buried.

The reason I choose to make my exchange at work is because 24/7 there is quite a few people whom I know around all with my best interests in mind.

Tommy Boy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You are absolutely correct. Statistics show that people who pull a weapon on their attacker/robber usually get that weapon taken from them and most times used on them as well. If anything put your keys in your hands and if you are able to safely take a swing aim for the eye area. It is important to remember that if someone wants something bad enough there is nothing you can do to stop them from taking it. Give it to them and cooperate with them. Heroes are buried.

well said.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is why I have people meet me at work 90% of the time. Only when I know them do it meet elsewhere.

Thats funny because that's exactly what the Bogota Chief said. "Come to the police precinct, we're open 24/7" :tongue1:

I've also sold and bought 100s of things over the years. I remember the pre internet days of waiting for the Buy&Sell to hit the newsstands on Friday afternoons. I've been in some really strange people's homes and you know it only takes one time to screwed really bad.

How does having cctv help?

Steven

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: