Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so about a year ago, I got a C309s All in one web printer from HP. It started off great, then began to fade and have problems. So, after all the hassle with HP, I got a brand new printer, because it was FINALLY determined that there was something wrong with the firmware of the printer.

It had a mind of its own. It would randomly print, and do all this crazy stuff...
One night I shut down my computer and go to sleep. The next morning I wake up only to find that my printer had been printing all night and my entire set of New Premium HP inks were all emptied out and the printer printed all the papers out too. I didn't press a single button. Weird huh?

I absolutely went MAD when I wasted all my time on this piece of crap and all the hassle with horrible customer service.:arg::arg::arg:
:letitallo:letitallo:letitallo:letitallo:letitallo:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, because I didn't have the time, I didn't install the new printer yet. My question is, how can I uninstall EVERY SINGLE HP software file, and reinstall the software. (The reason for this is so that I make sure that everything is removed just in case there is a corrupt file or something).

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
its kinda hard to remove all files due to the registry on most programs. Its kinda hard to explain but it could take you alot of time to do manually. People make programs that do this ( I dont trust them at all) but in my best opinion the best way to do this is to reinstall windows and format the hard drive and try to start with the printer as the first program you install its the least expensive way and most like the least amount of time to do if you have the windows cd and understand computers alittle. If you need any help I could try to walk you thru it on the phone or anything feel free to ask. good luck and plz post back if you get it to work

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
hp's software r known to be a mess n resource hogger. u can try using their uninstaller to try n remove their software here:LINK
however, knowing how "good" their software is, i wouldn't count on it. u can also try "revo uninstaller" which is a 3rd party software.
u can also do a scan yourself on the registry to hunt down any hp files if u r windows savy.

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
its kinda hard to remove all files due to the registry on most programs. Its kinda hard to explain but it could take you alot of time to do manually. People make programs that do this ( I dont trust them at all) but in my best opinion the best way to do this is to reinstall windows and format the hard drive and try to start with the printer as the first program you install its the least expensive way and most like the least amount of time to do if you have the windows cd and understand computers alittle. If you need any help I could try to walk you thru it on the phone or anything feel free to ask. good luck and plz post back if you get it to work

Thank you very much...If I ever need some help I'll contact you

Jkedra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Probably easier to reformat/reinstall windows and use a "lite" version of whatever windows you're using. Most likely you have tons of other drivers that windows installed anyway.

The only problem is that its my work computer. Yeah thats probably my only option.

With HP, I called and asked what are my options and they showed me 4 categories of uninstall: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4.

They said I should NEVER DO A LEVEL 4 UNINSTALL. They started freaking out when I even mentioned it...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: