Status
Not open for further replies.

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Dace I was there as well, thought everything was amazing even though I didn't get to wait for my turn. To be quite frank I think it is hypocritical to acuse people of skipping the line when you yourself give your number away to another person who came after you. What do you think the result of that will be? It will be someone who got there after others going before them, hence giving the appearance of impropriety.. When you do that you undermine the whole system MRA set up.. So to complain about people skipping is rediculous when it was probably someone like you who gave him the number to go in front of you to begin with. If the person had the number that was before your number he should go in front of you, bottom line. And if the person was kind enough to let you buy the fish you went there for you should be grateful, not complaining cause there are a million people who wouldn't have done that for you.

Alfredo De La Fe

I'll tell you one thing I DID find incredibly annoying... One guy was out back with more than three styro boxes of fish he had bought and was selling them to others as they left and/or went into the store! If I ever find out who it was and if he was on MR I will never deal with him. THAT was not cool.

Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Actually, on second thought, let me clarify. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything wrong. For all I know the guy got there early and bought stuff for friends and they were paying him back for the things he bought for them...

Alfred

Central Aquariums Corp.

Maxreefaquatics.com
I'll tell you one thing I DID find incredibly annoying... One guy was out back with more than three styro boxes of fish he had bought and was selling them to others as they left and/or went into the store! If I ever find out who it was and if he was on MR I will never deal with him. THAT was not cool.

Alfred

Yes this should have been brought to our attention and we would have taken care of it. Basically the reason why we do these sales is to give back to the saltwater community. We offer these fish corals, and inverts at wholesale price so more people can enjoy the hobby. Unfortunataly there are people who take advantage of the sales and try to resell but its not much we can do about that. All we can do is continue to give our customers great quality great service and great prices. As for the number system this was our first attempt and did not expect the massive volume of people that would come. With most things you do in life its trial and error. You learn from the errors that were done before and you try to fix it so that the next event will be better. For the next sale we are aware of the ticket issue and will resolve the issue. From all of us at MRA we just want to thank our customers for supporting us and giving us great feedback. Remember we still have two days left with the sale prices. Yes the sale will end on sunday instead of saturday. Thank you and now off to :tub:My legs are killing me :biggrin:

Alfredo De La Fe

You guys are AWESOME, I am INCREDIBLY happy I learned about you guys and even happier I was able to make it! Just wish I had gone before I spent a small fortune at other places.

You have earned my business and referrals! Your fish all looked healthy. There were a few dead fish in the tanks, but with at least a thousand or two thousand fish in them, to see two or three dead damsels or whatever was NOTHING.

Alfred

Yes this should have been brought to our attention and we would have taken care of it. Basically the reason why we do these sales is to give back to the saltwater community. We offer these fish corals, and inverts at wholesale price so more people can enjoy the hobby. Unfortunataly there are people who take advantage of the sales and try to resell but its not much we can do about that. All we can do is continue to give our customers great quality great service and great prices. As for the number system this was our first attempt and did not expect the massive volume of people that would come. With most things you do in life its trial and error. You learn from the errors that were done before and you try to fix it so that the next event will be better. For the next sale we are aware of the ticket issue and will resolve the issue. From all of us at MRA we just want to thank our customers for supporting us and giving us great feedback. Remember we still have two days left with the sale prices. Yes the sale will end on sunday instead of saturday. Thank you and now off to :tub:My legs are killing me :biggrin:

Chaos

For me personally I would rather go on a regular day spend the extra money and take my time.I like dealing with Ivan one on one asking any questions I might have and not having to worry if the guy in front of me is going to buy the fish I want.Just for the record though I didnt appreciate the first guy there buying half the store.He couldnt care less about anyone but himself.SELFISH!!!

Alfredo De La Fe

I didn't get to meet Ivan and will have to go back for the pleasure. I assume MRA is a family business?

Yeah, the guy with "#1" was still there as I was leaving... Insane.

Alfred

For me personally I would rather go on a regular day spend the extra money and take my time.I like dealing with Ivan one on one asking any questions I might have and not having to worry if the guy in front of me is going to buy the fish I want.Just for the record though I didnt appreciate the first guy there buying half the store.He couldnt care less about anyone but himself.SELFISH!!!

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Dace I was there as well, thought everything was amazing even though I didn't get to wait for my turn. To be quite frank I think it is hypocritical to acuse people of skipping the line when you yourself give your number away to another person who came after you. What do you think the result of that will be? It will be someone who got there after others going before them, hence giving the appearance of impropriety..
First off, You need to read my post a little slower. so you can probably understand what was my issue. It wasn't that someone gave him the number to use which was the problem. If someone gets there earlier and does not wish to wait, he has the right to give the number to whom ever he wants. The Point is that someone used the turn to purchase with the number 6. Then left, as they left he took the number from them and stated he was number 6 and had stepped out while his number was called. Once again, the number was called and used already.

When you do that you undermine the whole system MRA set up..
Really? By me voicing my opinion on what i think i'm undermining
the whole MRA. If you read my first post i state that the store is a great place to buy. I also state that i'm sure it was probably because it was a Black Friday event that it got Crazy.

As for being ungrateful I'll tell you this, That is a personal comment. I'll respect that fact that you have a right to your opinion and i will leave it at that. You would be surprised how being caught doing an embarrassing thing (which i found that was especially being a vendor) could make someone try to do something nice for you. I would never do something as low as that. I've been around here a long time and people who know me will tell you that's not my style.

Last edited:

myblock175

A.K.A TECH KING
AQUASTEVE I'm with you on that first idiot. He was in the store by himself since like 8:30. Ralphie let him in then locked the door until it was time to open up. So I really didn't understand him waiting till the doors open to start buying when he could've been in and out and everyone else could've got what they wanted. Mind you I was the 2nd guy in max reefs period. He really pissed me off

Incorrect.

Although I do not want to make anyone mad I will tell all what actually happened.

Me, Danielle and my girlfriend got there at 915 am, we were let in a little before 10am and were each given a number, I wasn't paying attention and they gave my girl one as well..(3 numbers). We truthfully only needed 1 number because we could easily purchase together so we could avoid tying up two workers but since we were excited we didn't realize.

Me and Danielle used our numbers for one pretty big order for our personal tanks which took a nice sandy hit out in Staten Island. My girlfriend had a spare. We did offer it to multiple familiar people ONCE we realized my girlfriend was given a number she didn't need. I did see other possible regulars who didn't have a number being helped.

I asked one of the workers walking by If its ok to give up the number and he said yea as long as it hasn't been used its fine.

I can see how it can make people mad and i am actually sorry i didnt just throw it out but the number itself was not used. Amidst the chaos I figured it would be better to have someone I knew actually use the number then throw it away. I put aside the fact that the person was a vendor since we speak on a personal level on local reef meetings. He did actually leave and come back.

Sorry to anyone this did affect especially you dace.

-jonny

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Incorrect.

Although I do not want to make anyone mad I will tell all what actually happened.

Me, Danielle and my girlfriend got there at 915 am, we were let in a little before 10am and were each given a number, I wasn't paying attention and they gave my girl one as well..(3 numbers). We truthfully only needed 1 number because we could easily purchase together so we could avoid tying up two workers but since we were excited we didn't realize.

Me and Danielle used our numbers for one pretty big order for our personal tanks which took a nice sandy hit out in Staten Island. My girlfriend had a spare. We did offer it to multiple familiar people ONCE we realized my girlfriend was given a number she didn't need. I did see other possible regulars who didn't have a number being helped.

I asked one of the workers walking by If its ok to give up the number and he said yea as long as it hasn't been used its fine.

I can see how it can make people mad and i am actually sorry i didnt just throw it out but the number itself was not used. Amidst the chaos I figured it would be better to have someone I knew actually use the number then throw it away. I put aside the fact that the person was a vendor since we speak on a personal level on local reef meetings. He did actually leave and come back.

Sorry to anyone this did affect especially you dace.

-jonny
Johnny with all due respect, You Danielle and your girlfriend were all waited on,so even though you had separate numbers it means the numbers were used. so for you to give the number after they were already taking numbers past the three you already had is not a good look. It looks pretty shaddy. They were on number 13 when he supposedly came back. Dude, I know you for quite some time and we always got along so please don't take this personal. and for him to comeback and say this was his number and that he stepped outside clearly states he knew what he was doing cause he clearly knows this was not his number.

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Once again I re-post my first post so people can understand my comments for those of you that may think i only had negative comments about this store, if you take the time to read it you will see i think highly about it. There were just some issue's that can happen on a crazy day like this and i did state that this was probably the reason why things went this way. Being a past vendor constructive criticism is a good way to help vendors work on minor glitches to make days like this run more smoothly. I know i would of appreciated it if i was inform about these issue's myself. If you take the time to read my post you would see my objective was not to bash the store because if it was, I would not have stated so many good things about it.

Post 1
Ups and downs on Black friday
Price wise and store condition (tanks and stock super clean and Healthy animals) the store is amazing. they had better prices then wholesalers. As for the way it"s first come first served was handled, a bit disorganized and slightly disappointing. They were opened before 10:00 which is good for early customers, But the number system was poorly managed. They were not keeping the numbers after it was called. Had people taking numbers that were already called because the individual would give the number to someone else and they would be served. I also witness some customer come in and state they needed to leave and they had a high number and was also served before other customers that were patiently waiting to be waited on. These are things that happen sometimes that can be fixed. But still disappointing to experience. One vendor here was the culprit of the using someone else number to skip the 30 people that were waiting before him. That's so disappointing.

Recap.
Amazingly Clean store with healthy animals and great prices. Since it was my first time going there to buy it was a little disappointing. But I'm sure it was the Black Friday craziness. I'm sure that the everyday purchasing experience is probably a very pleasant one though.

Dace, like earlier I am sorry it caused any grief because I now see it from another angle & how it affected others.

I'm not taking offense, I have dealt with you and know your a standup guy and take the criticism. I just want to stress that we were being helped and gave the number away *during the time we were being helped. I didn't even know what number they were up to with all the chaos, and trust me I was watching locals/store friends skip the line way ahead of my number and figured I would pass up on what i believed was an unused number.

Truthfully their system is to blame and will just need to be worked on.

Yes, Danielle and I were being helped together but my girlfriend doesn't reef and I asked if it would be ok give the spare number away.

I could come up with tons of analogies that would make this situation sound ok. But the truth is, i was not around to see how it played out or how he conducted himself.

Just figured I would fill in some of the blanks!

Sorry

-jonny

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Jonny. I appreciate your response and like I stated before. We have always had a good understanding between us. You are a stand up guy.

Dace

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Dace its not about reading the post a little slower, my reading comprehension is above par.. its about knowing and understanding what happened. You assumed the number was already used and it wasn't. You know what they say about assumptions. We revert back to the issue I brought up which is giving your number to another person, which you yourself did... you can't blame or criticize J here when you did the same thing. Again I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I just hate hypocracy.

J out was nice to see you there man, hope things work out after the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: