Status
Not open for further replies.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
My personal opinion:
To say that this hobby isn't supposed to be cheap is ridiculous... In fact, since it's an expensive hobby many retailers may try to get every 'extra' dollar out of the customers, which is why I don't shop at any shops 'local' to me.

As far as I know, over the past few years, Ralph started out in Mt Vernon, moved to a bigger store in Yonkers, then again to a bigger store in the Bronx with room for his tank/sump building business ... that's not 'closing his doors'! That sounds like a good business man to me.
When he moved to Ct, he was able to sell the business and (I assume) most of his equipment. Sounds like an even smarter business move.

For many years, myself and many friends purchased livestock from him without disease and problems, and while I'm now happy with Reef Shoppe, I'd also stop by Ralph's or Nelly's new store if it's in Westchester or the Bronx.

Thank you!!

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Business wise it wasn't in a good area. Most of the people in and around the area didn't want to buy the high end fish that he was offering, plus it was a good trip from NYC, Bronx, and Westchester, thus a lot of the people that use to go to his old places didn't want to make the trip, or if they did, not that often.

Advanced Reefer
then please explain what went wrong with azure aquatics the new jersey store ralph opened and closed in less than a year

CEJAYREEF ,WHO CARES ,,MOVE ON.

CEJAYREEF, I had a thought , why don't u open a store and tell us ,what u really think of the BIS//
U have NO IDEA...

And YES i owned 3 stores (retail and NEVER AGAIN)

NELLY u know who i am .. Good Luck on ur new venture..

NELLY i have something u might be interested in ,but it would be on LI area .>LET ME KNOW

cejayreef13

Advanced Reefer
hey 265 why do you keep saying move on just a convo no need to get tight. i actually plan on opening a store i hope it works it should as this is my passion and really care for fish and coral and this hobby and can i ask did you own 3 fish stores ? What were the names? I never said i didnt shop at his stores, i did at all the locations for certain things.I just saw the worse side of the shops at the ends of each of his locations. marrone thanks for answering

I know you are gonna stop by our new shop because I will have a wrasse rack with your name on it :) Plus wanna see the "new" ride!

Of course I'll be there, David, I still need some equipment as well as livestock
200g & 500g are on the stands, hope to complete plumbing this week....
_258788.jpeg
_960978.jpeg

Unfortunately it's storage time for the Prowler

_658117.jpeg

Advanced Reefer
hey 265 why do you keep saying move on just a convo no need to get tight. i actually plan on opening a store i hope it works it should as this is my passion and really care for fish and coral and this hobby and can i ask did you own 3 fish stores ? What were the names? I never said i didnt shop at his stores, i did at all the locations for certain things.I just saw the worse side of the shops at the ends of each of his locations. marrone thanks for answering

Good luck on ur future venture. I'm just saying move, ur beating a dead horse. Imo. I had also 3 locations in 6 yrs. bad locations. No $ from customers. All try to nickle n dime , that didn't pay the bills

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Good luck on ur future venture. I'm just saying move, ur beating a dead horse. Imo. I had also 3 locations in 6 yrs. bad locations. No $ from customers. All try to nickle n dime , that didn't pay the bills

You are not kidding some people just always try to nickel and time LFS. I was just in a store and a guy was telling the worker. Come On I want to feed you and your kids what's the best you can do. I couldn't believe my ears. Do they do that in every store they buy something. What nerve....

Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Of course I'll be there, David, I still need some equipment as well as livestock
200g & 500g are on the stands, hope to complete plumbing this week....
_258788.jpeg
_960978.jpeg

Unfortunately it's storage time for the Prowler

_658117.jpeg

Where did you get this tank made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
3 stores in 6 years = bad business man. Nothing else to say prof is in the pudding. Now whether his fish are high or low quality. Who cares his store closed. He did sell Fish cheap but selling fish cheap is a bad business model. Sorry guys it just is. You need to move large volume to cover your rent when you have low margins. Also moving a lot of fish there?s bound to be some sick ones. Just a numbers game. I think Ralph is a horrible business man My friend drove to jersey to buy a tank and he couldn?t even return his call. That?s just bad business. No wonder he failed 3 times in 6 years. But like the song goes let it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
@ceejay
Bro. Good luck in your future endeavor of opening a store. You know I'll be there to support you. If your store is half as good as you keep your personal collection of fish and corals then we have a true winner. You always took care of me and looked out for me. I'll hit you up later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: