Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
do you use any other means of export besides the chaeto reactor?
I have always used carbon run 24/7 in a reactor. This system also has run skimmerless for most of its life (8 yrs? ) A little over a year ago I had a near total tank crash and lost a lot of things. At that time I added a skimmer I had laying around to help clean up the mess. It is seriously undersized for this system by anyone's estimation. It is still on there and does pull some stuff, but not very much and I'm quite sure I could remove it at this point. I do pretty sporadic 40g. water changes-- on the order of every 2-3 months. Also, if I add a large number of new fish and feed extra heavily to help them acclimate I add some GFO.
There is no question the Chaeto reactor does the bulk of the work.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always used carbon run 24/7 in a reactor. This system also has run skimmerless for most of its life (8 yrs? ) A little over a year ago I had a near total tank crash and lost a lot of things. At that time I added a skimmer I had laying around to help clean up the mess. It is seriously undersized for this system by anyone's estimation. It is still on there and does pull some stuff, but not very much and I'm quite sure I could remove it at this point. I do pretty sporadic 40g. water changes-- on the order of every 2-3 months. Also, if I add a large number of new fish and feed extra heavily to help them acclimate I add some GFO.
There is no question the Chaeto reactor does the bulk of the work.

Randy, the tank looks great, as always. Thank you for posting your experience with the ARID reactor. How long was it since that run away chiller crashed the system? Other members here would be amazed to know how little time it has been.

pic of your newest ARID C30 if you please.

And would you rip that band aid off already :wink1:

Thanks again,

T

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is! The first ever Pax-Bellum A.R.I.D. Reactor Circa 9-22-2006. Randy has been the most gracious tester and has been nice enough to keep our "secret" until we were ready to go into production. Thank you Randy!!!

img_0360.jpg

Here is the Prototype in its final appearance to the public at the 2014 Manhattan Reefs Spring Frag Swap! Since then we have made MANY design changes and over 8 yrs were able to discover the capabilities and short comings of our materials.

_d703497.jpg

Now Prattreef is powered by our new C30 A.R.I.D. Reactor. The C30 made its premiere at the Spring Frag Swap.
img_1522.jpg

_d703422.jpg

-This is Randy's ACTUAL reactor, we used it for eye candy at swap and then installed it that night!-

-Leo

Last edited:

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I wonder if the new nano version will fit in my solana. If it does, I'm going to get one or two (as I have 2 solanas).

Provided you are an avid tester and using kits with no lower resolution or accuracy than Salifert and we also recommend the Hanna Low Range Phosphate Meter for checking your PO4, we know you will have quite a pleasant experience with the A.R.I.D. Nano.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: