DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Just went today .. Got some nice acans for $15!! Not as much corals as other store but still a good selection. Also, dude named John was very nice and helpful. I'll def go back when in that area. I'll post pics once they puff back up

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I honestly have no complaints. I guess it depends on which employee you get. He even gave me a huge foam box for my THREE frags!! Which helped since it had to stay in my car for over 3 hours. Also gave me 10% off on the red sea magnesium test kit. Which I now like better than salifert because of the titrator and quality of equipment. So sucks you had a bad experience. Next time ask for John. I made sure he knew i was on MR

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
just went to the store in carle place, me and my girl wanted to buy a grape montie cap, it was not doing well with color and it was 30$ and also she was going to get 2 torches from the 2 for 55$ section so she asked him if he would be able to do the cap and the torch for 55... and he said he cant do that.. his boss wont let him.. he didnt even make the effort to go try and call his boss.. for a 5$ difference.. thats how you loose costumers cause of stuff like that. overall its a clean store, not that good at costumer service.

That's strange. They are usually really flexible with groupings of coral. They have done this for me a bunch of times.
I like this store alot. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The 10% lira discount is great also.

ReefNut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Funny evertime i mention MR or lira discount,they act like its a giant secret.Also they never seem to know what's going on with this forum.
Not a fan of CPlace location.

drej424

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've been going to the Copiague store for years. It was my go-to place for everything. Last time I was there, I said I'd never go back. If I don't see someone I know working, the service has really changed. A lot of the new guys act like they don't see you.

The store is 10 min from my house, less than 1 min from my office, but I drive half an hour away to get better customer service. It's really upsetting.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
I do apologize and I'll be sure to address all these issues with our employees and strive to correct them. I do appreciate all your feedback because without it I cannot not make the necessary changes that need to be made in order to make your experience with us a great one.

Last edited:

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I live 5 minutes from the Copiague store and since I setup my tank a few months ago, I've been going to this store 2-3 times per week. I love it. I've had no issues with staff or products. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. In fact it was a store employee who directed me to MR. And now I get to learn so much from this wonderful community.
Those who weren't knowledgeable directed me to speak with someone else.
And I've gone multiple times to at least 5 other stores in Long Island and this is by far my favorite store.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
+1 thanks for your reply. also not downing the store. there coral tanks have improved from the last time i was there, just was a shame my girl couldn't get what she wanted. 5$.. was just to much of a difference i was shocked.

no complaints with the copaiuge store rite. only complaint we have is that you guys are too far to come check out, too much in gas money. have been to you guys before.

So your girl gave up the sale for 5 dollars? If she wanted the corals so bad why would 5 dollars steer her away? I know if i went into home depot or a clothing store and i asked for 5 dollars off they would look at me like i had 3 heads LOL. I love PW its my go to store. Everyone there is always willing to help me even if i need 5 bucks in snails.

Last edited:

drej424

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thanks, Favia. I would like to enjoy going there again, just as I used to. I've gotten plenty of great fish, corals and products there over the years. And a lot of the people in the fish dept. are really helpful.

Plus, PW has pet supplies for all my pets. I love the one-stop shopping in your store.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
cause in the end it really wasnt worth 35$ for that cap it was 1.5in, and a standard green torch witch i can see being 30$. point is. it was suppose to be a package deal.

you no how on one of the tanks its 30$ea or 2 @55$ so she wanted a cap from the tank over and the price of the cap was 35$ and he would not honor the 55$ deal so we said nvm then. the caps were really off color to begin with so in all end we said nvm and left.

that store in carle place isnt that good anyways. i like the one in copaiuge i hate that its so far. they always help when i ask, sometimes they seem to act like your not there. but it happens lol

Ok well the cap wasn't in the tank with the 2 for 50 what's the big deal its 5 bucks. To you it's not worth 35 because your used to seeing people on here selling things. If your Going to bad mouth a store over 5 bucks you should take a drive to other LFS and see how much another purple cap was then. Pets has great prices compared to others. There is a reason why they have system set up for deals and some tanks they don't. Getting upset over 5 bucks and then saying you don't like the store over it is not going to get you anywhere next time you visit

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I'm not wanting it to get me anywhere. i don't like that store in carle place to begin with. there service sucks a$3 its hard to get any questions answered there is like 4 people that work there. they Don't approach you when you walk in.. i tried to buy a tank there once and they took for ever to find a price. the guy didn't no his finger from his hand. i tried to ask for a manager and no one was there so we were stuck on stupid for 20 minutes.

Was not getting upset, i was just saying the situation i got into that day.

If you put it that way "whats the deal its 5 bucks" you should tell them that.. that's how a store looses costumers. don't you think i told the guy that whats the deal its 5
bucks. its not a 5$ difference when you cant get the deal then it turns into a 25$deal lol. but anyways yea.

not downing the store, but they should have better salesmen ship.

In post #9 you stated that you were "not downing the store" and now here you are downing the store and its "stupid" employees.
Pretty inconsistent. However the inconsistency is consistent amongst your posts.
I think it's time to buy yourself a big boy tank of your very own.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: