Rating - 100%
64   0   0
dave im putting 2 on my 60 gallon cube its gonna be bright. unfortunately i will not have pics for at least 3 months (until i set it up)

I love how alot of people say that the ai sol blues make your corals or certain colors not pop or not show the right color the right way but CancerverO's says it all WOW...

Last edited:

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
i don't think you should let that sway your decision. are the people listing the reason for a sale?
I always notice there are mp40's and mp10's for sale daily on RC but the general opinion that they are great pumps. My opinion of the Sol blues are they are great lights as well and at a great price point
Im a little concerned about buying these.. i just see too many people reselling these lights

pak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
here is mine

this is on a 45 cube

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 227

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I'm a little disappointed That the tank I'm setting up is just a 90, But I'm not selling it so find another setup. Here's my question. The tank is 48"x18"x24". Do i still need three because that's what I'm looking to buy as of now..

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I'm a little disappointed That the tank I'm setting up is just a 90, But I'm not selling it so find another setup. Here's my question. The tank is 48"x18"x24". Do i still need three because that's what I'm looking to buy as of now..

What are you planning on keeping?? I have 75 gal with 2 and getting par readings of like 240 on the sand bed and they are not turned up all the way. So it really depends on what you are going to keep. I do not get any dark spots other than where they should be.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
What are you planning on keeping?? I have 75 gal with 2 and getting par readings of like 240 on the sand bed and they are not turned up all the way. So it really depends on what you are going to keep. I do not get any dark spots other than where they should be.

mainly sps

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
IMO each setup is going to be different since the layout may have an impact on lighting. I think you should give 2 a shot ad get a par meter and map your tank. Then if you need more then you can take another step

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Much to my dismay... I'm actually considering 2 of these for my 90... I have two islands, each with a haddoni carpet and I like the idea of point-source lighting as opposed to T5s.

Lol. So who has carpets under LEDs specifically? (I'm most interested in the sol blues). Thanks

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0

I think you will need 3 for SPS dominated tank. I visited a member who rented my PAR meter to measure his two AI Sol on his tank. His tank is smaller and than yours and have problem having right coverage with only 2. Especially if you are using 40 degree lens, the light is kind of spotty from even inch to inch at mid level-some differs up to 80+ par. What that means is you will need raise them high but by doing that you will loose some par.

I would use two on the side with 40 degree lens and the center with 60 degree len.

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I think you will need 3 for SPS dominated tank. I visited a member who rented my PAR meter to measure his two AI Sol on his tank. His tank is smaller and than yours and have problem having right coverage with only 2. Especially if you are using 40 degree lens, the light is kind of spotty from even inch to inch at mid level-some differs up to 80+ par. What that means is you will need raise them high but by doing that you will loose some par.

I would use two on the side with 40 degree lens and the center with 60 degree len.
Thank you for your comments everyone. Wingo. I'm not familiar with how these lights come. Do they come with 40 degree and i have to upgrade to 60 degree.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Actually,
They come with 40 degree optics in the center four pucks and 70 degree optics on the end pucks.
What a lot of people were doing for wider spread was to change out the center optics to 70 degree optics. They are sold by AI for $25 for the set of 4 optics.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Thanks Warren for 90 gallon I don't think I'm going to need the extra spread, what you think. I'm going with 3xAO Sol Blue
Vertex 200 skimmer
2x Tunze 6205 hope it's not to much flow
No sand bed.
Everything right on glass. No star board

Now I need a sump

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
You might get some shadows since these modules were designed to for about a 12" spread when mounted perpendicular to the front glass but I think you will be fine with the 3 modules.
Where are your overflows or overflow?
Nice skimmer, 6205s can always be dialed down with your muti-controller!

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
You might get some shadows since these modules were designed to for about a 12" spread when mounted perpendicular to the front glass but I think you will be fine with the 3 modules.
Where are your overflows or overflow?
Nice skimmer, 6205s can always be dialed down with your muti-controller!
one overflo left hand sized. so maybe i'll just get 3 sets of 70 degrees for all three fixtures

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: