edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
if your looking for a camera as a vendor to take pics of coral. then buy one that takes pics as our eyes see them, not as if your looking thru a microscope.

jaBX1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry to hijack the thread but i too have been looking for a intro camera to get for shooting fish and corals in my tank.

i dont feel i need a DSLR camera, too expensive.

i was looking at nikon, the coolpix is point and shoot but looks pretty nice

p510
L810
L120

anyone have experience with any of these or know about them?

GrayBunny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal preference is for Canon. I have a T3, but also have a point and shoot. Canon and Nikon (and the new Sony's) are all good and comes down to which features are important to you (from shooting slow motion video to choosing white balance, manual settings etc.) I'm not sure if other people have experienced this, but my photos come out better under T5 lighting as opposed to the LED lighting. I suspect the LED has some effect on the sensor that I'm not aware of- mostly if I'm trying to shoot under the blue lights only.

If you are also trying to get images of your fish, don't skimp out on the SD card- it effects how fast the camera can write to the card. It will increase how many frames/second you can capture.

It's hard to go wrong as long as you find the interface easy to adjust and work with. For me personally, I find it difficult to adjust Nikon's settings, but Canon is easy. My brother prefers Nikon. The quality on both is going to be great.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpg
    IMG_2529.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 145

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: