Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have an older Kodak Point and Shoot camera that i have been trying to use for picture taking. can anyone give me tips on how to take pictures using a basic P&S camera? for instance, i have an issue focusing on my zoas from the other side of the glass even when i have auto focus or close up modes set. Any help would be phenomenal

bkstang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I don't know what model of P&S camera you use so the help is limited. You can try use a "Macro" mode if this camera has it. If it does it can theoretically focus at distance of around 4". Although there are other things that prevent camera from focusing. Once of them is low light. Older cameras do not have good "low light AF sensitivity". Another thing that doesn't help with autofocusing may be your tank. If it is a bow front tank this may be another issue.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Theres not much you can do with a P&S for macro. Avoid using the zoom and get as close as possible. If you have built in settings for different types of shots then switch to the "flower" icon. It's the best option for macro shot. Best to turn off the flash and also to get a tripod for the camera.

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
With a point and shoot... very basic... Get a Tripod. The cameras themselves are just way to unsteady to do proper macro shots without one. Once you do that you can also do a hack job on an older 50mm manual lens to butt up close to the lens of your camera and you can take better macro shots.
You should really look into doing macro hacks on google for better results.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: