clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have not yet showed you my top shelf clams yet, how do you like these guy's Don...lol, i still have a few in the tank :) more to come

Attachments

• Max3.jpg
    Max3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 244
  • willam.jpg
    willam.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 238
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
you can have dibs on this one tony, lol.....yea right.

Crazy, I just dib on your skills of how to keep them so good. I know you have some secret under your sleeves. Share it with me so that the skill will not be lost in the future.:tongue1: Amazing things you are having.

BTW, I was about to ask you how does clam's color bleaching come about the other day and if you know anything about breeding them.

clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wingo, first of all i know nothing about breeding clams. i think we would have a better chance of hitting the lottery then to breed clams at home. now as far as bleaching goes it is caused by lack of or poor lighting which causes the zooanthele algee in the clam to become weak causing the mantle to fade. by correcting a lighting issue or moveing the clam closer to the light it will color back up. also if a clam is in a place in your tank where it is not getting hit with direct light just move it where there is better light. rember the more intense bright colors a clam has the more light it needs. by the wat where are the 2 clams i ordered from you.

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
wingo, first of all i know nothing about breeding clams. i think we would have a better chance of hitting the lottery then to breed clams at home. now.
I just read on a forum that someone was breeding them at home. I think it was on RC but I don't remember. From what I can recall the only inhabitants of the tank were the clams, LR and LS. Either the sperm was released which triggered the eggs to be released or visa versa. I'll have to look to see if I can find it again.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
for example, this clam would need intense light.

That's a very good example to show us whose clams have to get more light. I see a lot of clams in our tanks, including those in the selling tanks of couple LFS that are bleached and not sure if it's a lighting issue.
I was still unable to locate a source that has the two clams you requested. I already told my sources and they say they will keep their eyes on them.

clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wingo, alot of clams that i see in lfs that are bleached are clams that are in tanks without MH, a lfs by me hac a big crocea in a tank with PC lighting and the clam was bleached. now this lfs has no MH in any of his tanks and only one tank with VHO. so i told him he should move the clam into the tank with the VHO and get it as close to the light as he could. he moved the clam like i suggested and in a month the clam is starting to color up. bottom line is that the zooanthele alge in clams needs intense light to keep the clams colors nice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: