Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
switch to sony

I recently took the leap into the mirrorless world of Sony after shooting Canon DSLRs for umpteen years. I actually have the first Canon DSLR, the d30 and it still works. I had to get a 4k camera for work so i snagged a a7rii. I also just got back into my tank after neglecting it for a couple years. My doctor told me to do things that I found pleasure in and I figured I start with photography and my tank. I never really had much coral in my tank to begin with. The few pieces I had died off and all that was left was my Black Ocellaris, a yellowtail damsel and a mean domino that just got the boot.
This new journey back into the hobby started when the Rapid LED light kit i had for my tank finally salted out and just died. My neglect I know. I needed to get a light quick and thought who better than Amazon.com to deliver me something fast. Gotta love em. Anyway, I bought a Chinese LED which seems to be a lot better than the DIY kit I made. The light has a timer! YAY! I hated pulling the plugs out every night. This makes life grand for sure. Its super bright too. I ended up going down to Delancy cause they have parking right out front and it was easy to get to. I donated the Domino, got a small Ocellaris and this guy. I took this with the sony and a old vivitar 80-205 3.8 that does macro. This is the closest I could get it.

Last edited by proberok; 02-19-2018 at 12:19 PM..