Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 06:40 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Advice needed

I'm taking a lot of phone pix to document Want to upgrade to camera.this is so interesting. Any reasonably priced suggestion?

Evan
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-20-2018, 09:16 AM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
Well I'm no pro...but have managed to get some pretty impressive pics...I'd start by lighting up the inside of the tank and don't have the light coming from the room.

Turn your tank light on...room lights off.

Most newer smart phones will take some great pictures..make sure your glass is clean and any pumps are turned off. The movement of the water will make it harder for the camera to focus.

Taken with a Galaxy S6.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-20-2018, 03:47 PM
Reefer Ratings: (41 (100%)
Friends: (30)
Send a Private Message
most of the cheaper canons and Nikons use the same sensor and the difference is in the features (which generally aren't so great). get a cheaper canon and buy a decent macro lens and a tripod. should be able to do the whole thing under $1000 if you buy a used lens and tripod from B&H or Adorama.

HTH!