rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small 10 inch diameter rock from Hawaii sitting outside on my balcony as a decorative piece for 2 years. When I needed a piece of rock to mount some coral frags, I broke it into two pieces and yes....boiled it for 30 minutes to remove all that NYC pollution. What was brown and dirty came out white and clean.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I had a small 10 inch diameter rock from Hawaii sitting outside on my balcony as a decorative piece for 2 years. When I needed a piece of rock to mount some coral frags, I broke it into two pieces and yes....boiled it for 30 minutes to remove all that NYC pollution. What was brown and dirty came out white and clean.

did it smell like oil or gas??? :lol:

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Next time try Broiling or Braising, They are also really good if you Sautee them in a hot cast iron pan SCAMPI STYLE.
I will post a recipe within the week:chefico::chefico::chefico::chefico:

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry thats not my photo, I am a better photographer than that :) http://www.pbase.com/rfcd100

What did it smell like.....It smelled like the hudson river. Here is the view from my balcony :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: