kigs

<3 palytoxin
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
left looks like many other favias that came in from australia marked up as 'war coral' and right looks like a platygyra, more than a traditional 'war coral.' - departing from who sold what. jmho.

ThuGGY

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i understand that but if you look at the site it shows the one i wanted and bought from jim.... and the pic on their site looks nothing like what was given to me.....

I have a piece of the Aussie war coral so I know by just looking at it. It has a combo of white and red.. the right not even sure if its a favia ..

- I am not in anyway associated with WWC. just giving my .02 centavos..

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
im a noobie so when i see something that i want regardless the proper name or family and get something that is compleatly different than a picture of a colony upsets me...... everything else that people bought got what they wanted and some are also diappointed... i just am more verbal an intese about not getting what i wanted and paid for..... i have 2 businesses and if my customers dont get what they are looking for or want they get loose on me.... i understood the shock value from shipping but i also bought corals from nypassat that day and his look insane in my tank...... basically i am just venting and learning to deal with local people instead

ThuGGY

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im a noobie so when i see something that i want regardless the proper name or family and get something that is compleatly different than a picture of a colony upsets me...... everything else that people bought got what they wanted and some are also diappointed... i just am more verbal an intese about not getting what i wanted and paid for..... i have 2 businesses and if my customers dont get what they are looking for or want they get loose on me.... i understood the shock value from shipping but i also bought corals from nypassat that day and his look insane in my tank...... basically i am just venting and learning to deal with local people instead

I agree. thats the risk you take when ordering online. I always order online especially pieces that are hardly available around the area. I think he gave you what he posted on his website but probably cut it on the end side . I have one and I love that aussie war coral. ...

Best bet is always post on your local forum or here " WTB" . Its better to buy local for this reason:

- No shipping
- Less Stress
- Can see the actual frag

Thanks and its ok to vent sometimes.

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
even on the side i still dont see any whit striations.... i am definately gonna just buy local if i cant get it than it wasnt ment to be lol..... i like the coral piece just wasnt what i expected.... and more upset about the pink birds nest cause my wife and girls picked that out.....and noone upsets the women in my life and they did and tried to make light of it..that is my issue. good thing i dont live in florida anymore well from now on i will just hit jim up and see what he has and post WTB

its all good
rick

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
i did several times and now have dave involed that started the group buy... what i dont like is my last post that was posted showing the difference. ws deleated

rick

Last edited:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Rick i understand your frustration, But i'm looking at the picture you just posted and notice something, the warcoral you got from Jim has no white streak to it as to the ones i have aswell. I have the small and large polyp warcoral which look like this,
auctionededition_warcoral_colony.jpg

auctioned_purplewarcoral.jpg

The one you posted if you take a good luck at it does seem like it has white streaks through the picture which could suggest that it is a aussie warcoral. As to the advice that your friend gave you that it's not even a warcoral, you have some hi end collectors here telling you that it is. i know that you are disapointed so this is what i do for you, i will take the coral from you and pay you double what you paid for it, i know this will not take away the disapointment of recieving something you thought you were getting, i'm sorry for that. and if jim gave you that piece of coral at the price you told me, tell him i'll buy his entire stock if he leave it to me at that price.​

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0

The one you posted if you take a good luck at it does seem like it has white streaks through the picture which could suggest that it is a aussie warcoral. As to the advice that your friend gave you that it's not even a warcoral, you have some hi end collectors here telling you that it is. i know that you are disapointed so this is what i do for you, i will take the coral from you and pay you double what you paid for it, i know this will not take away the disapointment of recieving something you thought you were getting, i'm sorry for that. and if jim gave you that piece of coral at the price you told me, tell him i'll buy his entire stock if he leave it to me at that price.​

IM joining DAVE's Group Buy neXT TIME :tongue1: you too kind :)

daaznmofo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
i agree with what everyone is saying.
good advice.
i think we've all had some type of disappointments when buying coral, even from locals. ie - corals don't look the same in all tanks, etc.

hats off to dave with the groupbuy and generous offer.
let's all just have fun at the swap.
:grouphug:

frank arriaga

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Dave I'm not happy with all my corals can I have twice what I paid for them lol. You are to generous hat off to you.and thanks for a great group buy .Sorry rick that you where not happy.

Last edited:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
http://www.worldwidecorals.com/prodd...ireicewarcoral
http://www.worldwidecorals.com/prodd...?prod=warcoral

ok dave
here is what I see from there site.....
first link is a pic of fire and ice war coral
second pic is war coral

here are the pics of what i have.......
and tell me what you see my main complaint wasn't with the war coral, it was stressed and only saw a few eyes was the only complaint...my main problem was with the pink birdsnest....
here are the pics
for jim's war coral and WWC's
jim's on the right and WWC's on the left.... you tell me what looks more like what pic....

i'm just stating what i see and what i got thats all... i am glad you started the group buy got stuff that i wanted with a discount.... but my other concern was more about the birds nest and you know that through our conversations.....
Attached Thumbnails
attachment.php

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Dude, your killing me. you have me posting on two threads:

ok rick, your right. They are two different corals, dude i will call victor and see what i can do. Rick you really have to let me know what's needs to be done so we can lay this to rest already. i heard your story and yes there is a difference with the coral, i just want you to be happy. but i also want to let this go. i will speak with victor and even if i have to buy you both corals so you can feel that you will be completely happy. I don't have a problem with it. As for an apology from Victor on the miss understanding, that is out my hands. Just want you to be happy. :biggrin:
now drink up :beer:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
also i never asked for anything but what i paid for.....i'm not making this a pi***** match... just stating a fact... if you read the posts that were sent and than replied to you would see what i am upset about..... people should just man up and say they mess up..... thats all i was looking for and dave knows that through our conversations while he is on the train from work...... alot of people want to make jokes but if they had a broblem i dont think it would be taken lightly....... im a pretty easy going person just dont do wrong by me karma sucks....

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
me and dave figured it out ad dave is a stand up dude in my book friends till the reef dies lol..... atleast he stood up and give dave plenty of props for that.... he read my pm and i am satisfied with what he said..... just a shame that WWC could say it

dave your the man and what ever you need or want i am there...remember that

rick

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yeah Dave you are to nice!!
Wow this is enough to give anybody a headache.This is like the THIRD thread where I'm reading about this and one of the threads was closed down by the Mods.
I understand your frustration and all but have you tried to talk to Victor? Dave can do just so much.I'm sure Victor would rather hear it from you direct.Rick you claim to be an easy going guy well go to the WWC website and in the contact info you will find a phone number.Call the vendor(Victor) and explain to him what happened.I have dealt with WWC before and found them to be easy going as well.
GOODLUCK with your situation !!! Now can we all just forget about this and concentrate on the upcoming swap.:D
Disclaimer:Just so you know I am in no way affiliated with WWC and it's sponsors

ThuGGY

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah Dave you are to nice!!
Wow this is enough to give anybody a headache.This is like the THIRD thread where I'm reading about this and one of the threads was closed down by the Mods.
I understand your frustration and all but have you tried to talk to Victor? Dave can do just so much.I'm sure Victor would rather hear it from you direct.Rick you claim to be an easy going guy well go to the WWC website and in the contact info you will find a phone number.Call the vendor(Victor) and explain to him what happened.I have dealt with WWC before and found them to be easy going as well.
GOODLUCK with your situation !!! Now can we all just forget about this and concentrate on the upcoming swap.:D
Disclaimer:Just so you know I am in no way affiliated with WWC and it's sponsors

I thought u were his partner :shhh:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: