autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
thinking about picking up a inexpensive dslr for the holidays..
(taking advantage of black friday).and found a few sites but looking for some insight...should i trust ebay or craigslist? maybe pick up something used...

should i go with the d40 or something else....
im a beginner so help is very appreciated..

heres are a few sites i found...

$389 and free shipping
http://www.fotoconnection.com/p56941-nikon-d40-slr-digital-camera-kit-18-55mm-lens.html

$484 with 2 lenses
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Niko...79233/catOid/-16942/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

canon rebel xt $383
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Cano...20005/catOid/-16942/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Last edited:

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
dont go with the first link it seems too low for that camera might be refurbished, call the company up and see if they have 100% money back I know a place that sells it for $439 and its a site that you can trust

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
the first site says brand new factory sealed with 1 year usa warranty?
so still could be refurbished?...that would really suck..

how about the second link...its from the circuitcity outlet(that could be refurbished )
comes with 2 lenses for $484...comes with the stock one and a 55-200mm telephoto lens..

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
yea with the standard 18-55 Nikon lens. i had to use the Nikon program to adjust lighting to 10000 k or all the pictures would have came out blue. So far i have not figured out how to take pictures of coral with actinic lighting. BUT with the newer models there is built in options that allow you to make adjustments on the light temperature. so you can take any picture.

katie09

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never buy electronics such as cameras from craigslist or ebay. Most of them are fixer-uppers. If you do chose to go with a refurb go to an actual store that may offer a warranty on such item. In example the following link

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productList&A=buyUsed&Q=471716

B&H is a very well respected company
[FONT=&quot]for such items and they will offer warranty after purchase.

However, after doing some research on this item, there is only a 15$ to 20$ dollar difference between new and refurbished. Definitely go with brand new item only.
[/FONT]

autoponicz