jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was at the beach this past sunday with my GF and her dog Aggi. It was cold, windy, and so foggy that my lens ended up looking like I had an old school diffusion filter on it.

I tried using the flash to add some contrast to some of the shots.
I really liked the fog effect, with a low depth of field it gave some beautiful light to work with. Unfortunately it also covered the lens and camera with moisture which I had to keep wiping off. After a while I began to worry the camera's electronics might not like the constant fog so I called it a day and took home a sand covered dog and very cold GF.

jhl_2384.jpg

jhl_2390.jpg

jhl_2394.jpg

jhl_2411.jpg

jhl_2435.jpg

jhl_2410.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
it's the beach that runs from south hampton to montauk, we were at a part near bridgehampton.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks Rich, I've been there in the summer with them. I must have a couple thousand shots of aggi by now :lol: the GF is camera shy so aggi gets the spotlight.
I like the fall and winter, your allowed to bring the dogs on the beach any time, the summer they are not allowed. I know you have some experience with that.
You can also drive on the beach but I've not done that yet. I'm afraid I'd get stuck and have to call for a tow, that would suck.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Nice pics Jonathan. I guess your neither a Nikonian or Canonite :joke:

well until I got the nikon digital body I was a pentax, mamiya, fugi, leica, linhoff, and so on, 'ite'. I never chose one system as being the best, I have so many older film cameras, they all are good for different subjects and situations. I'm kind of bummed about the digital thing from that view point. When I think about it, I want to shoot large format film again.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
well until I got the nikon digital body I was a pentax, mamiya, fugi, leica, linhoff, and so on, 'ite'. I never chose one system as being the best, I have so many older film cameras, they all are good for different subjects and situations. I'm kind of bummed about the digital thing from that view point. When I think about it, I want to shoot large format film again.
Wow so you have had basically every kind of camera make out there!! I had a Nikon 8008s before the whole digital thing and currently own some point and shoot type Canon but I'm leaning towards Nikon again if I decide to leap into the DSLR ring again.:D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: