TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm still messing with it and learning the camera but I think it's a huge improvement over my last camera.

bicolor_anthias.jpg

Pretty sure this is a Bicolor. He's been in the frag tank here for months and he aggressively downs chunks of squid from Chemchef's food. Great fish.

blue_eye_cardinal.jpg

macro of a blue eye cardinal. They don't move so it's almost like cheating lol.

obliquedens.jpg

Hap. Obliquedens. Not saltwater but this guys colors looked so much cooler than the others. They normally have some yellow on their sides but this guy is all black.

cluster_duster.jpg

cluster duster, like mini koko worms. Never seen these grow in a colony like this. You see these in tanks all the time but never this many and the growth patterns are almost coral like, very strange piece.

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It's a canon powershot sx110is 9mp. I weighed the options and after seeing Tobin's at the swap I was sold. Great macro shots at a fraction of the cost of an SLR and macro lense combo.

spongodes.jpg

ORA spongodes frag

ultra_acan_1.jpg

aussie acan

pleco.jpg

boring freshwater, but atleast the plecos let me put the camera in their face without swimming away lol.

I think I'm going to get a small tripod to help with the macro picks.

I'm very happy with the camera and I know it can do better. Even these pics can be zoomed in and the detail is still amazing for a camera that with tax and shipping and a 4gig card still cost under $300 on amazon.

Last edited:

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
took this one today less than a mile from Republic Airport. This guy was just taking off and heading for the airshow at Jones Beach. The camera was zoomed in as far as it goes and this guy just looked like a dot to me had to be atleast 2+ miles away.

original shot trimmed to upload.
jet_original.jpg

zoomed the picture even more and trimmed to show the detail.
jet.jpg

markings are clearly visible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: