mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i purchased this camera on a whim. it's water proof to 30 feet, and i was having trouble getting decent pics from the waters surface, especially shooting the lps which is amost always on the sand bed (25" away from the camera), so i figured a submersible camera might be just the trick.

it turns out i was correct. i love this thing. the only trouble i was having with it was keeping my jittery hands still while attempting macros. the following pictures were taken in under a minute, with no tripod and one hand, on the full automatic setting-
nikon1.jpg

nikon10.jpg

nikon11.jpg

nikon12.jpg

nikon14.jpg

nikon13.jpg

nikon15.jpg

nikon17.jpg

nikon19.jpg

nikon2.jpg

nikon20.jpg

nikon22.jpg

nikon7.jpg

nikon6.jpg

nikon9.jpg

nikon8.jpg

this camera has settings like "aquarium" and a zillion others i didn't even get into yet. i'm very happy with it so far!
http://www.google.com/products/cata...ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBwQ8wIwAw#ps-sellers

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about those cam water proof cases? Different manufacturers make them..

BTW, mr X you have some gorgeous animals...........
a friend of mine has one of those and he takes some decent underwater pics with it. i was considering that as an option as well. those can go deeper than 30 feet too.
the thing about them is they are a little bit larger and sometimes you can't access all the buttons. i won't be using this deeper than 30 feet. as a matter of fact, besides a snorkeling trip this december, this camera is pretty much just for tank pics.

i'm going to shoot more pics today. i hope to push the camera to it's potential.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
a friend of mine has one of those and he takes some decent underwater pics with it. i was considering that as an option as well. those can go deeper than 30 feet too.
the thing about them is they are a little bit larger and sometimes you can't access all the buttons. i won't be using this deeper than 30 feet. as a matter of fact, besides a snorkeling trip this december, this camera is pretty much just for tank pics.

i'm going to shoot more pics today. i hope to push the camera to it's potential.

HaHa, Deepest I'm going is 24".LOL The depth of my tank.:tongue1:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i've read up on a lot of underwater/waterproof camera and this one is the overall winner (along with the Panasonic TS1). i just hate how cheap/ugly it looks.

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, just blue as far as i know. maybe they make it brightly colored so if you drop it in the ocean, you might find it easier?

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also consider the Olympus MJU 1030sw.

Got one of these myself which gets carted everywhere with me, and which the Wife uses for reefscape photography. Comes in very handy on some occasions when you want to get a shot of stock etc.

some sample images.

P9202800.jpg

P9202723A.jpg

DSC00205Aa.jpg

DSC00229aa.jpg

And here's one i took at MACNA in one of the dealers tanks.

P9263010.jpg

It was quite funny looking at the expression on his face when i said, 'Can i stick my camara in your tank' and a few passers by with comments of, "Oh look, that guys soaked his camara"..

comes in very handy with tank photography becouse you can get it below the surface and away from all the surface reflections and glass distortion.

regards

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: