grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Both chalices as Rick states. Don't believe there is a specific name for them but then again people come up with their own. Nice size pieces though!!! Grow those babies out. It's nice to see some colonies for a change.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
when i purchased them, the store didn't have a name other than red chalice and golden chalice. i still prefer sps but lately with everyone buying chalices, acans and zoos it is getting harder and harder to get nice sps pieces other than ORA corals.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Yeah it's an interesting cycle right now. Comparably very little SPS stuff being pushed right now. Acans are close to done---tons of inventory and declining demand if MACNA was any indication-- and I expect to see the prices on them come down pretty drastically. Not sure how much longer the chalice and Zoa craze will keep up. Anyone want to take bets on what the next "hot" coral genus will be? Lobos and scolys are strong contenders already.

From what I'm seeing from more than a few VERY advanced reef hobbyists, the next big thing in Reef tanks is going to be freshwater planted tanks. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: