finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Just got in the first batch of the Kessil A350s. Here are some photos as they are being unboxed.

Attachments

• kessil1.jpg
    kessil1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 713
  • kessil2.jpg
    kessil2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 583
  • kessil3.jpg
    kessil3.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 569
  • kessil4.jpg
    kessil4.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 568

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Just finished putting these up on my tank in time for the lights to come up. The photos show 4 lights over the tank, My tank dimension is 61-1/2" X 19-1/2" X 15" high. Last photo is with just one on to test for coverage.

Initial PAR #s with lights 6" above water:

Right at surface: ~400 - 425
middle of tank: ~300
On the bottom of tank: ~90-100

Attachments

• kessil5.jpg
    kessil5.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 536
  • kessil6.jpg
    kessil6.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 537
  • kessil7.jpg
    kessil7.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 542

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Wow, just one of them has some pretty awesome spread. What do you have them tuned to, as far as percentages of white and blue?

Both max.

James983 said:
The 350W should have better spread I'm guessing. With that in mind what is the recommended number for a standard 180?

Assuming a standard 180 is 72 x 24 x 25, I would do 3 if LPS/Softie and 4 if SPS and/or clams on sandbed.

Here's a comparison of spread to get an idea - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20176490&postcount=232

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think he put up the par numbers for the A150w.

Nano it's an A350. Please read the first post.

strgazr27 said:
With 90-100 PAR on a 15" tall tank how can they be recommended for a 25" Tall tank with Clams on the sand bed?

I went to double check the PAR rating and realized the light was hung at 10", not 6" as stated in the post. I apologize for the confusion. To clear things up, I made a video of the PAR test. Note that since rocks are sitting directly under the light, the sensor is actually toward the front of the tank, not directly under the light. As you can tell in the video, on the bottom of the tank PAR fluctuate between 150-250.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lx_dI_MQlss

NanoAquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.5%
364   2   0
I read the first post... Just thought there was something wrong with your reading... Sorry, I tried to help:tired:

I went to double check the PAR rating and realized the light was hung at 10", not 6" as stated in the post. I apologize for the confusion. To clear things up, I made a video of the PAR test. Note that since rocks are sitting directly under the light, the sensor is actually toward the front of the tank, not directly under the light. As you can tell in the video, on the bottom of the tank PAR fluctuate between 150-250.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0

Thanks for the updated info. But in the video you show the light at 6" above the water. Am I missing something? Not picking an argument just want to make sure I'm understanding the numbers. I really like the design and look of the fixtures and at some point may make the move to LED's so I have been doing quite a bit of reading and comparing before I drop money on them.

Last edited:

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Thanks for the updated info. But in the video you show the light at 6" above the water. Am I missing something? Not picking an argument just want to make sure I'm understanding the numbers. I really like the design and look of the fixtures and at some point may make the move to LED's so I have been doing quite a bit of reading and comparing before I drop money on them.

The initial par test was done with the light hung at around 10" without me realizing it, while stating it to be at 6". That was my error.

I have since lowered the light to 6". And in an attempt to clear any confusion, I made the video showing the light hung at 6" above water, since that's the height where others are testing the lights at.

No problem. I would be too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: