POTO

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
$5 per pack or 5 for $20. Pick up in Staten Island 10304 or downtown by 4 NY Plaza. See Melev's review below.

[youtube]A3kb5YpvKrk[/youtube]

Attachments

• 20160906_124358.jpg
    20160906_124358.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 476

POTO

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Didn't they discontinue this last year for not being effective?

Discontinued yes. Not being effective I wouldn't call it that. Where did you read that? Do you have scientific proof before coming here to essentially discredit a paying vendor? I would however say calling it anything quarantine is a stretch. But if used correctly it helps fish recover from stress and act as an anti-funal and anti-bacterial agent. The blue solution in the second part is basically methylene blue which is a commonly used medication in aquarium fish. (More on methylene blue: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/methylene-blue-a-youth-elixer)

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
No. In no way shape or form am I trying to discredit you. A simple google search will provide you whatever proof you would like me to provide.
You mentioned melevs reef and he did do a interesting video and thread on this stuff. He did have positive reviews
As far as you mentioning your a paying vendor. You should do the research and get the scientific proof of your pricing. Since this has been discontinued you can easily buy this online and certain stores for $2.99 or less. Since you are a paying vendor you should of mentioned the fact that there is a expiration date on these and since its been over a year a vast majority of them are expired or are soon going to
So I guess since your a paying vendor myself or anyone else doesn't have the right to let our community know what is going on. Says a lot about you. Always had the utmost respect for you and your fish and quality and services you provide know matter how expensive I think they are

WTBClownfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discontinued yes. Not being effective I wouldn't call it that. Where did you read that? Do you have scientific proof before coming here to essentially discredit a paying vendor? I would however say calling it anything quarantine is a stretch. But if used correctly it helps fish recover from stress and act as an anti-funal and anti-bacterial agent. The blue solution in the second part is basically methylene blue which is a commonly used medication in aquarium fish. (More on methylene blue: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/methylene-blue-a-youth-elixer)

He asked a question no need to be a witch.

By the way you can get both bags in bulk way cheaper then that price. Methylene blue (part 2) and formal can both be bought for is under 10 dollars a jug. Each jug will be able to treat over 2,500 gallons.

Last edited:

POTO

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
No. In no way shape or form am I trying to discredit you. A simple google search will provide you whatever proof you would like me to provide.
You mentioned melevs reef and he did do a interesting video and thread on this stuff. He did have positive reviews
As far as you mentioning your a paying vendor. You should do the research and get the scientific proof of your pricing. Since this has been discontinued you can easily buy this online and certain stores for $2.99 or less. Since you are a paying vendor you should of mentioned the fact that there is a expiration date on these and since its been over a year a vast majority of them are expired or are soon going to
So I guess since your a paying vendor myself or anyone else doesn't have the right to let our community know what is going on. Says a lot about you. Always had the utmost respect for you and your fish and quality and services you provide know matter how expensive I think they are

I did do my research before posting and found no reputable retailers selling it anywhere near 2.99. Where do you find that? Matter of fact I don't even know what you're talking about. If you are truly for the community you would provide your source since it would only benefit everyone and allow me to price match. If you know more about this product than me then I'm all for an open and constructive discussion with facts. But what you're doing is neither helpful nor constructive to the community, especially with your first one-liner. I'm not going to get into it with you anymore unless you bring some substance to this discussion and back up your claim.

piranhapat said:
Is the expiration date still good or has expired.

There's no expiration date on the back and technically they don't expire because according to my RESEARCH, formalin, part 1 of the dip, becomes acidic through oxidation only when exposed to air, and part 2 of the dip, methylene blue, is stable indefinitely unless chemically altered.

Last edited:

POTO

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
He asked a question no need to be a witch.

By the way you can get both bags in bulk way cheaper then that price. Methylene blue (part 2) and formal can both be bought for is under 10 dollars a jug. Each jug will be able to treat over 2,500 gallons.

Ha ok. I don't know why I allowed myself to be like this I guess I just need a snicker. I guess I let a one-liner get the best of me. People and their one-liners!

And that is actually a great deal and good idea. But not all hobbyists have that type of need for their aquariums.

POTO

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Here is a photo with expiration on back. I justed wanted to know. So nobody's confused I do see other places still selling this product. I just wanted to confirm with you about date. Asking a question is not knocking you.

http://www.reefaddicts.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8082&d=1360736776

The ones I have don't have an expiration date on the back. Please see below. I never thought you were knocking me.

29430656311_31061b46f5_k.jpg

You can also see that the active ingredients are formalin and methylene blue. Their usage is also wide spread and well known.

Have I been away for that long? Tough crowd. We use the same stuff to prepare our fish on arrival and only thought you guys could use a few extra packs.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: