Pop Corals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Stop by today for some really nice Bali corals including SPS like strawberry shortcake. Also we will be bringing our QT'd fish up to make room for some new arrivals. Lastly the Live Sale prices are still valid so come by for some great specials all day long.

RAYISKING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Nothing good here fish sick lethargic loss of color and people brought in maybe 20 sps and 7 to 8 were presold already would not waste my time at this place again. Has been said that its a great place dont consider this great scale from 1 to 10 maybe a 5.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Was there today and I thought the fish were extremely good ..
Picked up a real healthy pair of blotchy anthias and some corals ..definitely worth the trip!

juhebu3e.jpg
yteha5e2.jpg
y3yvusus.jpg
ujaby6yg.jpg

Pop Corals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
Nothing good here fish sick lethargic loss of color and people brought in maybe 20 sps and 7 to 8 were presold already would not waste my time at this place again. Has been said that its a great place dont consider this great scale from 1 to 10 maybe a 5.

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. This is a new location for us and we are working hard to improve everyday. Sundays are always very busy in the store. We have to bring the fish up from quarantine and reset the tanks in the morning for the new arrivals later in the day so it is a transitional afternoon. As for the coral shipment unfortunately the shipment was delayed and we had people waiting in the store for hours. So when it did arrive things went very quickly. We understand and value your concern and take these types of comments very seriously. Like I said we still have a lot of hard work ahead of us and we take both the good and bad to heart in building POP Corals the store you want to come visit.

RAYISKING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That is great hopefully things will get better. I was not going to take pictures you have a orange spotted filefish that is not looking very healthy. Bangi dead in back right tank. Angels sick on Top tank. And there was 2 to 4 people there so not a mob at all. I was going to buy some reef crystals and some sps colonies but I decided to go to central aquarium corp. I know there not perfect but when I walked in I was greeted and on top of being greeted they had sps for 25 not 50. They still had about 20 or so sps left I picked up 4 and some salt and I decided to get a blenny for my tank. So customer service central aquarium a+ stock a+. And I go to each and every place that is new to check it out. I work in customer service and this place should have just informed people that there was already 4 to 6 people going after 20 small colonies. And one person like i said had already dibs on 7 of the 20 leaving 13. I would have not wasted my time going over there from ct. Nor would I want any other reefer on mr to be disappointed and go there when there was nothing there. And to kres1024's point yea not every single fish was sick or lethargic looking but quite a few were just to point out some I could go on with a couple more if needed. Corals yea corals were ok but they had them on blues so everything was glowing. One good thing I would mention is that they did dip there sps before it went in there tanks so that was a plus.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Yea I actually did see the one dead cardinal and that was it so as soon as I pointed it out it was removed , every store gets a dead fish here and there .,and the file fish I actually ended up taking also after I asked them to feed it and it was eating like a pig ..., so over all was a good experience , can't satisfy everyone ...lol

That is great hopefully things will get better. I w

as not going to take pictures you have a orange spotted filefish that is not looking very healthy. Bangi dead in back right tank. Angels sick on Top tank. And there was 2 to 4 people there so not a mob at all. I was going to buy some reef crystals and some sps colonies but I decided to go to central aquarium corp. I know there not perfect but when I walked in I was greeted and on top of being greeted they had sps for 25 not 50. They still had about 20 or so sps left I picked up 4 and some salt and I decided to get a blenny for my tank. So customer service central aquarium a+ stock a+. And I go to each and every place that is new to check it out. I work in customer service and this place should have just informed people that there was already 4 to 6 people going after 20 small colonies. And one person like i said had already dibs on 7 of the 20 leaving 13. I would have not wasted my time going over there from ct. Nor would I want any other reefer on mr to be disappointed and go there when there was nothing there. And to kres1024's point yea not every single fish was sick or lethargic looking but quite a few were just to point out some I could go on with a couple more if needed. Corals yea corals were ok but they had them on blues so everything was glowing. One good thing I would mention is that they did dip there sps before it went in there tanks so that was a plus.

rudy16189

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Central aquarium and Pop corals are both my top favorite store . Just like Pop coral said they are new and working hard to improve it. Im never get any bad experience from this both stores.......

Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
That is great hopefully things will get better. I was not going to take pictures you have a orange spotted filefish that is not looking very healthy. Bangi dead in back right tank. Angels sick on Top tank. And there was 2 to 4 people there so not a mob at all. I was going to buy some reef crystals and some sps colonies but I decided to go to central aquarium corp. I know there not perfect but when I walked in I was greeted and on top of being greeted they had sps for 25 not 50. They still had about 20 or so sps left I picked up 4 and some salt and I decided to get a blenny for my tank. So customer service central aquarium a+ stock a+. And I go to each and every place that is new to check it out. I work in customer service and this place should have just informed people that there was already 4 to 6 people going after 20 small colonies. And one person like i said had already dibs on 7 of the 20 leaving 13. I would have not wasted my time going over there from ct. Nor would I want any other reefer on mr to be disappointed and go there when there was nothing there. And to kres1024's point yea not every single fish was sick or lethargic looking but quite a few were just to point out some I could go on with a couple more if needed. Corals yea corals were ok but they had them on blues so everything was glowing. One good thing I would mention is that they did dip there sps before it went in there tanks so that was a plus.

Is this guy for real?
You feel a certain that way about the store, dont go there. Stay in CT. Seems like you have other reasons to be bashing the store, while you bring up the name of another.
John is a really nice guy and someone that has done a great job at the store. You dont like a store, dont go bashing it behind a computer, be a man to let the owner know that you didnt like the customer service face to face.

Last edited:

RAYISKING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
1 the owner was busy taking out his sps with the people who got there before me. And the person who had dibs on 7 or 8 sps. 2 this is the first time I have every been to this store I have family who live in Brooklyn also so I decide to give them a chance. For my money guess what I would like a genuine hello how are you doing if you need any help let me know. 3 I work part-time at a fish store and I know what it is to scoop deads out of a tank so the tanks look presentable. 4 being a nice guy doesn't solve the top problems. He needs to know the issues in order to fix them. If no one says anything nothing will change. On top of that the cardinal was dead like kres said kres lives right around the corner or something or works for the store for him to go back a little bit later and still see the cardinal there. The orange spotted filefish was not healthy by any means. And if pop coral wants to survive. John as a business owner knows that he needs to provide outstanding customer service, excellent pricing, and quality to survivie in this market where there is always another store fighting for the same customer and where there is another reefer fighting for that wallet share also. 100 percent john knows what customer I am cause I walked in try to see some of the sps and his friend or someone who was there took all of it by himself practically and I just left.

RAYISKING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
And I thank you john for responding on a pm to say how sorry you are that is great customer service when someone can own up to something that will allow john to acquire new customer and ensure his longevity.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I'm not even going to comment on RAYISKING's posts because it would be in poor taste :irked:

John is a good guy and the store was setup recently. It takes time for systems to age and stabilize. Dead fish is a part of every aquarium store, as is customers that get there before you and buy all the good stuff first! John is working hard to bring the goods into the brooklyn area. I am tired of making long drives to get fish and corals that weren't locality available to me. I bought a labouti wrasse 2 days ago and it is super healthy. This fish was eating in the acclimation bucket! I am very pleased with the quality of this fish.
I will take a good pic with my SLR tomorrow.

Last edited:

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I have seen first hand what it takes to open up a reef shop , I think considering the many issues that have come up in prepping pop coral for the public , it has come a long way and it has a bit of a way to go before it's totally done but as for what's in the tanks .............good stuff and as for the blues being on the coral , I want to see how it's gonna look under my blues so that's actually cool with a lot of people and I have seen quite a few fish I have never seen before in the tanks , and corals I have wanted readily available if not in tanks definitely to be ordered , over all on a 1-10 scale , I give em a 10 , and that's because I have been to the shop 10 times since they opened and I got what I wanted each time.
Thanks for the corals fellas.

RAYISKING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes and it is understandable the work that is involved let alone the cost he needs to recover. Overhead building light water salt employees. I don't envy him but if I spent 300 at his store vs central aquarium that is what he cares about I brought 2 other local reefers and there kids to that store and they also didnt get anything there that was 1k of revenue had everything been solid when we walked in. As a business owner he knows that so everyone who is defending john guess what he's NOT defending it and wants to make sure something like that never happens again.

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Yes and it is understandable the work that is involved let alone the cost he needs to recover. Overhead building light water salt employees. I don't envy him but if I spent 300 at his store vs central aquarium that is what he cares about I brought 2 other local reefers and there kids to that store and they also didnt get anything there that was 1k of revenue had everything been solid when we walked in. As a business owner he knows that so everyone who is defending john guess what he's NOT defending it and wants to make sure something like that never happens again.

I don't live around the corner I'm in queens ,went there and waited for the sps to arrive and yes some one did hog up all the sps and I also didn't get to pick out an sps ,but oh well no biggie ,next time ,plus there was plenty of other nice corals there that I was happy with .and that file fish was healthy and eating ,cause it's in my tanks now...
But like I said everyone has good day and bad ,same with max reef I had some bad experiences there also but the good out weigh the bad and I still go there ..

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Well if he's selling the majority of his corals before you get there .............hmmmmm think he's doing ok, he can't please them all I guess and central aquarium is very lucky to have you as a customer .....or employee , johns doing just fine in the book of those that matter.

RAYISKING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yes queens is pretty close was wondering how you got there fast. One can you upload a pic of him in your tank I wanted to get him put he did not seem to good to me or my friends. And this is all based on my experience if other people have different experience that is great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: